LegacyGT.com

Airbag light

So I thought I just finished up a 6 month project, when an airbag light was present when I first started the car.

I took it to a dealership to have the airbag DTC's read, and they are as follows

41 - side airbag RH failure

27 - ODS communication error

42 - side airbag LH failure

36 - seat position sensor LH failure

38 - buckle switch LH failure

29 - ODS failure

To give back story I swapped for a black interior. I bought 07 front seats.

The ODS (Occupant Detection System), and driver seat belt buckle are from the original tan interior, driver seat position sensor (plugged in but not mounted)

The driver seat belt harness is from an 05 junk yard car.

At the time of having the codes read, I had junk yard 05, driver and passenger seat airbags plugged in NOT the 07 seat airbags.

My thoughts as of right now, the buckle warning is really driver seat belt harness pretensioner. As for the rest I am baffled at the moment.

I will be looking into it further, but if anyone knows of any harnesses that somehow involve all of these things and I somehow forgot to plug it in, I am game. I will post any research I find both on the car and off.

** i have all the sensors from the original seats from the car, except for the airbags

Edited by jaylew

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

So I don't know whether or not this can help, but this post seems to solve a problem that I'm having with my airbag light. There's a bunch of information in there that, if nothing else, might help you eliminate potential causes.

Good luck!

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/airbag-light-sometimes-console-problemi-149073p10.html

Thanks, I will give that a read. I just want to find a way to read the SRS airbag codes outside of going to the dealership so that I know that whatever I do is making a difference or not.

If anyone knows a way to read SRS airbag codes let me know, otherwise I am going to try random stuff off amazon

Steering Rack Rebuild

• 3 weeks later...

so I fixed the airbag light. Turns out I grenaded the occupant sensor module. Luckily I grabbed a spare last time I was at the junk yard. So I took the 4 strain gauges from the 05 seat, clamped them with hose clamps so as to make the module think a fat person was sitting. Then I plugged in a spare seat belt buckle with spare buckle clicked in so the module would also think that fat person is always buckled up.

I then zip tied everything under the 07 seat (tougher than I thought it would be) and called it a day.

It makes it so the airbag is always armed for the passenger and no chime. Not the most elegant way but it will work for now. I will now grab a few more modules next time at the junk yard to test more elegant ways.

Steering Rack Rebuild

An Ancel AD610 should read the SRS codes. This is what I used on my 08 Legacy.

Airbag light is on in this car. Codes are:

26 Passenger's Airbag indicator failure

72 Passenger's Airbag failure

The passenger airbag was replaced under warranty ~2 yrs ago. Light had been on prior to that replacement. The overhead indicator panel has been replaced twice with known good ones (from my 09 LGT). I am unsure what to check next.

20190526_094542.thumb.jpg.1c3f3797952057700274c3af34c95f88.jpg