LegacyGT.com

99 Outback + GT2554 + Megasquirt DIYPNP

I've posted this to rs25 already but they kinda suck and no one really talks much on there... you guys however are much more active!

I've got a 99 Legacy Outback GT that I just got down putting all new gaskets in the engine and shortly I will be finishing replacing one of my cam seals because it didn't do it's job :lol: I'm planning on boosting the car with a SAAAAAAB GT2554 turbocharger off of a Saab 900. I'm building my own up pipe and downpipe, as well as cutting out all the flanges I need :)

I'm going to run a DIYPNP Megasquirt in parallel with the stock ecu so I can have it control the 4eat. Below I will post wiring info for this. Fuel wise I'll be using 565 sti injectors because I have them on hand, as well as an AEM 300 LPH fuel pump...because I also have it on hand. I'll be running an 02 wrx TMIC and catback exhaust on it as well.

Not me. RZA got me confused with BDII. Sorry! Lot of us have been on a long tine and get the OGs mixed up. BD is the MAN! :D He’ll answer all PMs but sometimes you have to send it to him twice cause he gets so many. If he doesn’t answer in 24 hours just send again. Good luck!
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Nice project. I have an old V8 car that I fantasize about megasquirting. Never considered it for the Subaru, but that's because I didn't know about this parallel thing.

Thanks! Yeah basically you just let the megasquirt control injectors and fuel pump, cam sensor and crank sensor can be shared as well as MAF if you want, temp sensors have to be separate or you can figure out the internal resistance of the temp circuits in the stock ecu and mimic them for the megasquirt.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I haven't updated much since I hit a few snags. When I put in all new gaskets and seals I stripped out threads on the exhaust manifold stud holes as well as one of the valve cover bolt holes... and broke a cam cap bolt off in the head.

Now last night I broke a cradle stud in half. So once I'm done breaking stuff, hopefully I will be able to get a start on wiring up the megasquirt wire harness.

Following. I was under the assumption that megasquirt wasn't an ideal solution because of our ignition systems, but I could be wrong. I know a lot of people use the Greddy piggyback solution.

Following. I was under the assumption that megasquirt wasn't an ideal solution because of our ignition systems, but I could be wrong. I know a lot of people use the Greddy piggyback solution.

Setnev, think you could point towards some info on the Greddy piggybacking? I was under the impression that a standalone would be best for a high compression e85 n/a motor, but if that is an option, I'd like to look into it.

There's people that have fixed that... it is a pain finding info on it though.

The pictures below should clear it up on MS2X and DIYPNP/Microsquirt. MS1 is a whole different animal and MS3X should easily run 6/7 trigger timing.

D5Wvvt8.png

2bjet6o.png

z1O4VW7.png

FYI the trigger angle offset should be adjusted when you first start the car before making any ignition changes. This is to make sure that the ignition values you are inputing into the ecu are accurate with what is actually occurring.

Setnev, think you could point towards some info on the Greddy piggybacking? I was under the impression that a standalone would be best for a high compression e85 n/a motor, but if that is an option, I'd like to look into it.

Honestly if I didn't already have my megasquirt I'd go with an e-manage, just because it's been done before and is very easily accomplished.

Although if my car was manual I'd just drop in the crank and cam gears and run a megasquirt standalone for the simple fact that it is much more capable and it's easier to swap than a full wrx ecu.

Although if my car was manual I'd just drop in the crank and cam gears and run a megasquirt standalone for the simple fact that it is much more capable and it's easier to swap than a full wrx ecu.

Interesting. I've got a lot more research ahead of me I think. Your project here is pretty rad, btw, not something I would have tried to tackle.

Interesting. I've got a lot more research ahead of me I think. Your project here is pretty rad, btw, not something I would have tried to tackle.

Thanks! Honestly I would not have tried it if I hadn't already swapped an aftermarket ECU into a car when I was working at a performance shop.

THAT, was a fun project. Ended up being a 1600 hp 2000 Camaro SS with a built LS with twin Precision 6262 Turbos tucked down by the frame rails. The guy that owned it had us build it as a car he could cruise around with and also attempt the texas mile with.

• 2 weeks later...
Will this result in a car with no CEL? That's my goal for my project. In New Jersey all cars after 96 have to pass an obd2 test.

It should, there's a certain way you have to run the map sensor on the pass strut tower for no cel.

I'll see if I can pull on the thread on RS25 that I made where someone explained it.

EDIT....

I assume a check valve would accomplish the same thing though.

SV7W5sW.jpg

Archived