LegacyGT.com

6th gen tpms issue

Yes. Each individual TPMS sensor broadcasts its own unique ID number. The vehicle has to be programmed to know which IDs belong to its own set of wheels. Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Yes...as others have stated if your new wheels have TPMS sensors, you’ll need to take the car to a tire shop to have them re-calibrated every time you swap wheels for the season. I have WRX wheels with winter tires and the stock 18’s with summer tires.

It only takes like 5 mins to do and my local tire shop does it for free for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I use an Autel TS-508 because it can set the IDs and read them from the wheels - no need for 2 tools to do the complete job. It can also program Autel sensors, but not the usual Schraeders.

informenter-marker-1.png

I'm very interested in purchasing this. I have 4 soon to be 5 sets of wheels for our 2 cars. 2 sets have stock Subaru sensors and one has the stock Kia Optima sensors. Both my current cars are Subaru's. Ideally I wouldn't want to reprogram the sensors themselves. Since this tool reprograms only Autel sensors, I'm asking to make sure that I'll be able to use this to have my Subarus' ecus relearn no matter what type of sensors I have. Is that the case?

I use an Autel TS-508 because it can set the IDs and read them from the wheels - no need for 2 tools to do the complete job. It can also program Autel sensors, but not the usual Schraeders.

informenter-marker-1.png

How would i find out what type of sensor is in my wheel, im not to sure as i bought these wheels off craigslist.

I'm very interested in purchasing this. I have 4 soon to be 5 sets of wheels for our 2 cars. 2 sets have stock Subaru sensors and one has the stock Kia Optima sensors. Both my current cars are Subaru's. Ideally I wouldn't want to reprogram the sensors themselves. Since this tool reprograms only Autel sensors, I'm asking to make sure that I'll be able to use this to have my Subarus' ecus relearn no matter what type of sensors I have. Is that the case?

That is correct - the tool can initiate a relearn independent of the brand of sensor. You just have to be sure that the wheels are already programmed for use on Subarus. Note the the operating frequency has changed, so older Subaru sensors will not be compatible with newer vehicles; the date of the change is model-dependent.

informenter-marker-1.png

How would i find out what type of sensor is in my wheel, im not to sure as i bought these wheels off craigslist.

To be certain, you would have to dismount the tires to inspect the sensors. They might be reprogrammable if they're not currently set up for Subarus, but you would have to go to a tire store to have that done or invest in an expensive tool.

informenter-marker-1.png

That is correct - the tool can initiate a relearn independent of the brand of sensor. You just have to be sure that the wheels are already programmed for use on Subarus. Note the the operating frequency has changed, so older Subaru sensors will not be compatible with newer vehicles; the date of the change is model-dependent.

informenter-marker-1.png

Thank you. Sounds like I'd need two tools anyway then to reprogram my KIA sensors to work with Subaru, since Autel can't do that.