LegacyGT.com

3.6r takeda I take issue

So I just installed a takeda air intake on my 2011 legacy 3.6r. I let it start up(slowly) idle for about 20 minutes and drove for about 10 minutes. Later the same day I drove to work 30 miles away and it has a slow throttle response now. Idles fine, drives fine throughout the gears just slower throttle response. I do my maintenance schedule to the T so I'm not too sure what could be the problem especially being others have done it successfully. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So I just installed a takeda air intake on my 2011 legacy 3.6r. I let it start up(slowly) idle for about 20 minutes and drove for about 10 minutes. Later the same day I drove to work 30 miles away and it has a slow throttle response now. Idles fine, drives fine throughout the gears just slower throttle response. I do my maintenance schedule to the T so I'm not too sure what could be the problem especially being others have done it successfully. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You have altered the way the ECU meters air and have done no tuning to make up for it. The ECU is trying to compensate but its not going to hurt itself. You can change the intake on these cars so easily If you could monitor you would see the MAFv is probably not where the ECU is calibrated to expect it to be and it is adjusting other parameters.

Unless you can tune I would remove it until you are able to.

Archived