LegacyGT.com

Limited or not...why the separation?

Okay, what's with all the, "how would this look on a 05 GT limited" and, "will this part from my WRX fit on a Legacy GT Limited" and "anyone dyno their Legacy GT Limited yet?" and, "anyone else notice this on their Legacy GT Limited?" The limited is just an upgrade to leather and moonroof. The standard GT and GT limited are the same car. They have the same wheels, same paint job, same everything except the type of seat covering and the moonroof. So just out of curiosity, why do so many people feel the need to add "Limited" behind their questions or comments when talking about the Legacy GT regardless of whether they got the standard or the Limited? Personally, I think it sounds a bit arrogant and a bit...how do you say...elite-est. Unless you are asking about the moonroof or the leather interior, is it really necessary to announce or add "limited" to the end of Legacy GT?? Sorry to rant, but it was just bugging me how the apparent "limited" owners keep putting the Limited on the end, like it will change anyone's response. Am I alone in this thinking or should we all just start listing which options we got and what color we got, and how much we paid, and whether we tinted our windows, and...

Driver72 is not referring the the 2.5i (which also comes base and limited). I don't think its anything deliberate to knock base LegacyGT owners (a better value IMHO), people just call the car by which one they have or want. :) :)

You are right it's all about status... :wink: Kidding appart, I'm one that does always refer to my 2.5 GT Limited wagon 5EAT Garnet Red and will continue to do so. I just do it to add precision to what car I have exactly for other posters to know (to avoid questions like - is yours 5EAT or MT? - Do you have the moonroof and leather because it will add 200 lbs...) and not to be elitist. Having a limited package is about personal choice only; a lot of folks hate moonroof, leather, added weight while to some it's just not worth the extra money. For me these were must have options and not to brag about having leather and moonroof.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

Yah I agree sigs would be nice then you wouldnt need to say that. I agree its not important and doesn't need to be said except for a few rare issues. Just like at E46 no one would say what abouy my 330 Premium Pack its still just a 330 its the sport pack and transmission thats important not the interior details.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

[quote name='John M']As an aside, turning on the signatures would allow us to place such pertinent info in every post automagically. I assume the lack of sigs is a bandwidth concern?[/quote] Sigs would not use much bandwidth at all if they were text and HTML only (read: no posting of pics directly in sigs).

Guest *Jedimaster*
I hate to LIMIT myself to cheap jokes, but your argument has certain LIMITATIONS. I bought an 05 Outback XT LIMITED after considering a Legacy GT Wagon LIMITED. I initally was LIMITED by my frugality, but realized I should not LIMIT myself on the enjoyment of the car. So I stepped up to the Outback XT. LIMITED.

Well, instead of using "limited" and color and all that each and every time you post about your car, and instead of having a signature, why don't we ask for a line in the "profile" section where we can add the description there? If not, list it in the "interests" area of the profile. The Limited only adds 65 pounds in weight. I'd say 35 of those are from the moonroof. 20 pounds being the leather 10 pounds being the power seat motors. In any case, it really seems unnecessary to list your option package....ie: adding "limited" to your car's description. Like another poster said, can you imagine if other car forums whose members have dozens of options to choose from on their cars (BMW) always listed what packages they have on their car? I think we should just stick to: 05 Legacy GT 05 Legacy GT wagon 05 Outback XT 05 Outback 3.0R etc etc. If the question requires knowing if you have a limited or not, than add it to that particular response. Same goes for the tranny, et al. As a note: ***Hey moderators/admins can we add a "Car" section to our profiles to allow people to list the description of their cars there? Thanks.***

Yes a car part under the profile would be great most other forums has that and its useful so peoople don't need to ask what kinda car you got or something like that.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

[quote name='Driver72']In any case, it really seems unnecessary to list your option package....ie: adding "limited" to your car's description. Like another poster said, can you imagine if other car forums whose members have dozens of options to choose from on their cars (BMW) always listed what packages they have on their car? I think we should just stick to: 05 Legacy GT 05 Legacy GT wagon 05 Outback XT 05 Outback 3.0R etc etc. If the question requires knowing if you have a limited or not, than add it to that particular response. Same goes for the tranny, et al.[/quote] So are you a new moderator to this forum??? Is this really an issue in the postings? I don't see any issues whether people use Limited or just GT or Turbo or whatever, I'd leave that to the poster's discretion granted there are no official forum guidelines regarding this. Sorry to disagree with you. BTW, GT Limited adds [u]perforated[/u] leather as well :wink: .

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

Guest *Jedimaster*
Is it only the GT LIMITED with perforated leather? I think the 2.5i LIMITED has regular leather. Unlike the GT LIMITED.

[quote name='TeeLoo'] Is this really an issue in the postings? I don't see any issues whether people use Limited or just GT or Turbo or whatever, I'd leave that to the poster's discretion granted there are no official forum guidelines regarding this. Sorry to disagree with you. BTW, GT Limited adds [u]perforated[/u] leather as well :wink: .[/quote] No, I'm not a new moderator. But I've been on the NAOSIC boards and then more recently here. But I've noticed on both when discussing the new Legacy, so many people add Limited or they'll write LGT-L in their questions or answers. It just seems so unnecessary and a bit arrogant, like someone with an LGT-L is better than someone with an LGT. It appears to be almost to a bragging degree. I just think it makes no difference unless the discussion/question revolves around the leather seats, or the monnroof that only the limited has. The "Car" section in the profile would solve this and also save so many posts of people asking, "which model do you have?" and "what transmission do you have?" and "what color do you have?" They could just click on that persons profile and find out. Make things MUCH more simple and eliminate the arrogant tone of people parading the fact they got a limited around when nobody asked either way.

Right on DM! Mine is a better value! Nanananana! :P I think for some it might be a chip on a shoulder, others think it's sort of a different car than the regular GT (which I'd much rather have over that Limited CRAP. :lol: ) Others just add it because everyone else is. (Bandwagon) I've wanted the current vehicle you drive thing under car specs for some time. Would be nice, but in a way it would be classing people who don't drive a new Leggy/OB.

Isn't it interesting that a car with more features is called limited? So what does that get you? Power seats, leather seats, and a window to the sky? I think all that just adds more weight to the car and is more for touring than sporty driving. I don't know. There must be a reason they call it limited. Edit: Corrected myself. Don't want to incur the wrath of the limiteds.

Archived