LegacyGT.com

2019 Subaru Outback Limited - Considering Lease

I've never leased before. I have a 2010 Subaru Legacy GT with 140,000 miles on it. I'm worried I'm approaching a bunch of maintenance plus my wife doesn't like driving a MT so I visited my favorite Subaru dealer and salesman to work out a lease deal. I'm looking at 12,000 miles on a Limited with Navigation for roughly $460/month for 36 months. I also have an offer of $4500 on my Legacy GT for trade in which I would take a check for, not put down on the lease.

I've never been a huge fan of leasing, but my wife's daily driving is only about 7,000 miles back and forth to work.

Anything I'm overlooking or should consider? We love the outback so we're happy with the choice of vehicle and the "purchase price" is around $34,000 so under invoice.

$34,000 is that for a 3.6R ?

That's some daily drive, I gather that's a year...;)

Do you have a second car to drive ?

I gather you have outright purchase monthly payment for the new car ?

What is the total of $460 times the number month's, what happen's at turn in of the lease ?

If you have another car to drive so you can keep below 12,000 miles a year ... it might work out better to lease.

Having said that, we bought our 2016 3.5R and traded it in on a 2018 3.56R which we also bought. The 16 had 12,000 miles on it at two years of ownership and the 18 which we got in Oct 2017 only has 5415 miles on it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It seems they are pricing all new cars to lease and the dealers get paid twice for that vehicle. They can't go wrong. We leased once.....never again. It ended up being a tough time with kids and jobs and all that racked up miles but that gets expensive in a hurry. Make sure you have the mileage figured out.

• 1 month later...

Leasing can be pretty decent as long as you can abide by the mileage limits. I lease one vehicle and own one, that way I can spread mileage around and it has worked well for me.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Archived