LegacyGT.com

2015 Legacy 3.6R CVT Fluid Change

You could start here as there have been many discussions on this subject. You can also search this forum using the Search Forum tool located on the top right side above your post

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/cvt-fluid-change-277145.html?t=277145&highlight=transmission+fluid

Edited by NNJLegacy

• 2 weeks later...

There is a TSB on the CVT for possible leaks up to 100k miles.. So I recommend ALL of you check it closely because Unfortunately I had my transmission replaced at 94k miles because it was a area where Subaru Techs weren't allowed to repair it..

Now at 137,000 only 43k miles later I have another leak and it's out of Warranty.. So get ready to grab your seats.. I asked my dealership how much was Labor for Removal and Install to diagnose the problem they told me $1,150.00.. Here it comes if it's determined that the same area is leaking and a New Transmission is needed that will cost $9,000 and thats a refurbished Transmission... I'm so frustrated right now and waiting on a reply from SOA because I feel transmission shouldn't fail again at 43k Miles..

I'll keep u guys posted..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Because a new trans cost $12k maybe?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just heard from SOA there willing to go 60/40 on Parts n Labor.. So I Happy to pay 40% if it's not a complete transmission replacement I'll post up the findings once its in the shop.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk