LegacyGT.com

15k and 30k Mile Maintenance

Has anyone gotten their 15k or 30k mile maintenance? I have approx 25k miles and decided to make an appointment with the dealer and mentioned that I should get the 15k mile service since they will change and check most of my fluids except for the oil/oil filter because I change that myself. They said it would cost approx $400 but minus the oil and oil filter.

They called me back this morning asking if I would like the 30k mile service which includes the change of differential fluid and spark plugs and that would be an additional $200. I am sure I am paying more than I am suppose to but I was thinking I have drive a 100 miles a day...I better get this done now before something goes wrong.

Does everyone on this forum use the dealer for maintenance work, private shop or do it themselves?

Any other things I should have the dealer check or recommend the dealer to use certain fluids which maybe better than others?

Thanks

I was just going to post on my 30k quote. $423 for oil change, Flush cooling, new fuel and air filters, change front/rear diff fluid, check brakes and clutch, new spark plugs, rotate tires. I was going to ask if this sounded right. $400 for the 30k service not the 15k sounds right. They quoted you $600? :eek:

And the spark plugs don't call for a replacement til 60k! Boy am I glad I do my own maintenance.

This should be a $300 max checkup! If your local to Central NJ, AZPInstalls Inc, does regular scheduled maint. on our Subies, and for a reasonable rate, not to mention that they will give your car the care it deserves.

I just checked mysubaru.com and saw it does mention to change spark plugs at 30k miles.

Action Description

InspectDrive belt(s) [Except camshaft]

InspectCamshaft drive belt

ReplaceEngine oil

ReplaceEngine oil filter

Perform/Replace engine coolant and inspect cooling system, hoses and connections

Recommended Performance Replace fuel filter and inspect fuel system, hoses and co

ReplaceAir cleaner element

ReplaceSpark plugs

InspectTransmission/Differential (Front & Rear) lubricants (Gear oil)InspectAutomatic transmission fluid

ReplaceBrake fluidInspectDisc brake pads and discs, front and rear axle boots and axle shaft joint

InspectBrake linings and drums

Perform/Inspect brake lines and check operation of parking and service brake syst

InspectClutch operation

InspectSteering and suspension

I just checked mysubaru.com and saw it does mention to change spark plugs at 30k miles.

Action Description

InspectDrive belt(s) [Except camshaft]

InspectCamshaft drive belt

ReplaceEngine oil

ReplaceEngine oil filter

Perform/Replace engine coolant and inspect cooling system, hoses and connections

Recommended Performance Replace fuel filter and inspect fuel system, hoses and co

ReplaceAir cleaner element

ReplaceSpark plugs

InspectTransmission/Differential (Front & Rear) lubricants (Gear oil)InspectAutomatic transmission fluid

ReplaceBrake fluidInspectDisc brake pads and discs, front and rear axle boots and axle shaft joint

InspectBrake linings and drums

Perform/Inspect brake lines and check operation of parking and service brake syst

InspectClutch operation

InspectSteering and suspension

Remove "inspect" items since they dont do anything but look at them and what is left? The list seems to contain errors too -Plugs (no) Fuel filter (no)

$400 dollars no way.

I'm doing mine at AZP installs Thursday night. Like Edmundu said, local NJ guys might want to check them out. They cater to your schedules, have been known to do servied at midnight haha! I have heard great things about them, I'll post up after.

i believe at 30k they do not need to change the plugs or fuel filter..

on the older subarus they did it ever 15k..

fuel filter is in the tank i think and the plugs are platnium

Chris you are 100% right. That's what the service guy told me today at the dealer when I went to pick up my car.

In the end these are the only things they replaced:

-Element -Air Clnr

-Coolant (I think this is flushing the system)

-Bottle of coolant

-Brake fluid- I believe they added fluid not replace it

-Replaced thermostat and gasket

-Gear Oil

Yep...pretty much robbed but that's what happens when I am not mechanically inclined :(

Chris you are 100% right. That's what the service guy told me today at the dealer when I went to pick up my car.

In the end these are the only things they replaced:

-Element -Air Clnr

-Coolant (I think this is flushing the system)

-Bottle of coolant

-Brake fluid- I believe they added fluid not replace it

-Replaced thermostat and gasket

-Gear Oil

Yep...pretty much robbed but that's what happens when I am not mechanically inclined :(

i never heard of them replacing the tstat at 30k... and i believe the coolant is just a drain and fill.. not a flush.. at 30k they should drain and fill ALL your fluids.. not top off.. (besides washer fluid).. Diffs, tranny, brake, coolent, etc...

On on the pre 2004's a 30k would be

an oil change, rotate and balance, air and fuel filter, pcv valve, spark plugs, replace coolent, brake, diff, tranny fluids, --check over brakes, belts, hoses.

15k use to be oil change, rotate and balence, air and fuel filter.. but now the fuel filters dont need to be changed on the newer models..

assume the same changes on the 30k for plugs and fuel filter..

Archived