LegacyGT.com

08 spec B : Stage 1 ; 9 psi

My new to me Legacy is running 9 psi on a stage 1 tune. The boost is consistent and Rock solid. The car felt slower when I bought it, but my other one is BT..

I thought factory boost was 13 psi?

It has a magnaflow exhaust that was put in to pass inspection. Factory downpipe, but I do have a Cobb coming this week. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Cobb OTS Stage 1 93 octane

I checked the routing, looks good as far as I know. Can the lines on the bcs be reversed? I will pinch the line when I get home. AP is requesting 15, I know there are leaks ( plenum for certain ) The leak would have to be incredible to cap me at 9 psi every pull, in every mode. Thank you all for the help!

Update : no pill.. luckily I have one! Where does it go?

I assumed from my thinking of the system that it goes after the T on the wastegate side.

Now 11 psi

Edit: also pulled the lines and inspected to make sure no pill on the bcs side. Changed the bcs with a known good unit, no change.

Swapped the restrictor to the boost side.. 14.2 psi.

After the flock of geese blew through, 13 psi and a hissing leak.. damn tb hose. Will it seal good enough if I remove the caps? Probably getting a tmic, so I don't want to waste on a hose.

Thanks for all the help guys!

HA i know exactly what you are talking about with the Geese comment :lol: on my 09 LGT I had that leak, the thin sleeve gets saturated with oil and slips, you can remove the sleeves it will seal. I took them out on my 08 LGT and never saw a reduction in boost psi while logging at stage 2 levels. I also made sure my PCV systems was in proper order as excessive blow-by can mean bad things

FWIW your VF46 is still running strong on my 08LGT

Went to take the intercooler off, and the clamp on the intercooler side was not even tight... Only the bracket holding it all together! Took the ends off the hose anyway and reinstalled everything. Hitting requested now, the downpipe goes in today or tomorrow for the stage 2 map.

Downpipe, new oem donut and spring bolts. Sounds nice! More mellow than my GT, 17 psi for a couple of pulls...

Now 10 psi, something popped lol. My guess is intercooler. Any other suggestions? Nothing seems out of the ordinary. P0171 indicating what I already knew lol

Hose is still on as far as I can see. I will pull it later if weather permits.

My GT will be for sale soon. All fixed and ready to go, still brings a smile!

Blouch coming soon no doubt! Unless somebody has a better option?

BROTHERS!

IMG_20180807_114939-1612x1209.thumb.jpg.c87afd8160137e5d6b16826c0bd37f69.jpg

Archived