LegacyGT.com

07 legacy GT

Slammer

Hey people, last friday my 06 impreza blew up for the second time. I love that car and still have it im just trying to decide what to do. here are my options: Buy a prebuilt block for 2-3k and keep the impreza running or buy something else. Ive really gotten interested in LGTs and found an 07 that looks good and plan on seeing the car this weekend.*heres a link to the listing*

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/spt_used_cars?px8324=p2&sourceContext=cargurus&cgcid=2161&cgagid=910472&ax8324=98974298&type=GoogleAdWordsSearch&kw=car%20gurus&matchtype=p&ad=432541623284&placement=&networktype=g&device=c&devicemodel=&adposition=&physloc=9007181&intloc=&aceid=&cid=141954540&agid=7773125700&tgtid=aud-462482486381:kwd-4934049630&fid=&gclid=CjwKCAiAv_KMBhAzEiwAs-rX1IVOiPrq3X_SqxYnJaeW72fndQ7UvpKPVMGepGuH9qR2RKcd9t32DhoCQwQQAvD_BwE#listing=317565873/NONE

looking forward to reading yalls opinions on it all

Nice looking car with decent mileage. Being a PA car, check for rust (suspension parts, doors, engine bay esp around radiator mounts). Looking at the car I say:

- The back is debadged. It was either done on purpose, or the car was resprayed, so check for body work

- If you can get a mechanic to inspect it, especially for boost leak. After I bought my LGT, turned out that my stock IC was leaking and my BPV wouldn't hold boost past 11 lbs).

- Check fluids and check maintenance records if possible. 100k miles I'd inquire about belt services. Given your experience with imprezas, you know the importance of oil maintenance.

As for 2007, I have one, check the following:

- Dashboard, door panels, horn cover - Touch and feel it, mine had a gooey, sticky feeling. After googling, this seems like a common issue. I ended up replacing my dash and one of my door panels. Will probably replace the other door panels as I find more. And I'm definitely looking to replace my horn cover.

- Check the center console cover (the arm-rest thingy). See if it latches. If not (and you want it to) you'll need to replace it (I'm going to make a post on it later when I have time).

- Check the trunk lock mechanism and see if it pops up without assistance. The Torsion bars seem to be a notorious failure point and my trunk only opens if I lift up while I press the trunk button on my fob. The remote trunk release in cabin is electric, so again, someone needs to lift up on the trunk while the remote release is being used.

If I were in the market for an LGT and I were within a 100 mile radius, I would've checked this car out. Given the market I'm not sure if you can negotiate the price down, but that price actually seems pretty good (to me at least, to each his own)

Make sure you get a compression and leak down test. Smoke test too.

Vacuum leaks happen and may not trigger anything in the CEL world for a while.

Plus everything that Subsandwich said above.

Do longevity mods first, then make a pile of mods to go on it, then add them and tune.

Its amazing how a tune helps even a stock Subaru. They run lean as you probably already know.

Cylinder 4 cooling mod is a must and its a cheap add on. Get the one from GETADOMTUNE. com

Welcome, with that being said, make sure you know what your getting yourself into with the turbo Subie world. You can do all this checks you want and the car still take a crap 6 months later. I bought my 06 knowing it would need a bunch of work. These cars are great but with age you need to have money set a side when you get it to where you want the car to be.

At the least I keep two short blocks worth of cash ready just incase a problems comes up. I know some can't do that but it is wise.