LegacyGT.com

06' Spec B Interior

I've got an 06 LGT in Pearl white, but when I bought it I seriously considered an 06' Spec B just because of the Pewter silver paint and the red leather interior. I couldn't find one locally to drive so when I found the pearl I bought it immediatly.

So... I was at a local used car dealership yesterday looking for a Tribeca for my Dad and I found an 06' Spec B on the lot. I loved the exterior, the wheels (which I will now have to buy for my LGT), and the color. But, the interior was a hidious brown brick color. What happened? All of the pictures I've ever seen on-line of Spec B interiors were a beautiful brick red color. Anybody else notice this or is it just me?:confused:

'06 came with the brick leather, '07 with black leather with blue suede inserts, and '08/09 with black leather and black inserts.

I also didn't like the '06, I mean it's okay to look at but I don't think I'd want to live with it. Seems to me that they were shooting for BMW, since they have quite a few interior leather options.

I'm not sure why it looked so different in person.

Could be the lighting or the lack of care taken?

I clean/moisturize&condition my leather once a month and it still is a nice shade of red, Ive noticed if I dont it looses its sheen and gets a lil less red. The light is also a big factor, if it was dark or gloomy I could see it looking more brown but in full light it should be the nice brick red u are thinking of.

Id suggest checking it out again in good lighting and mayby taking some leather cleaner/conditioner down there and seeing if mayby it just needs some cleaning and luv.

I loved the exterior, the wheels (which I will now have to buy for my LGT)

I couldn't agree more about the 06-07 specB wheels, they look great (even more so with ABP), but with that said almost every LGT owner here would love a set of them..

They move quickly and are priced accordingly..

^+1 mine too. The interior and the navi was probably the greatest factors in going with the Spec B. I am still very much in love with the brick leather.. :)

+1 to the steering wheel audio controls...even if lacking some functions are a huge benefit over nothing at all. I was between my 06 spec B and a SWP 07 legacy...I saved some dough and all that I gave up was a backseat that folds and an Ipod hookup....but gained soooo much more :)

Archived