LegacyGT.com

06 lgt what do you think?

subiebeast22

I have an 06 2.5i with only 78,600. Its in great shape and i take meticulous care of it. I really want to buy a GT i found this one. Do you think its to much money for the miles? Is their anything i have to look out for in particular. I want to make sre i get a solid car and im a little nervous cuz im buying a car with higher miles than i have now. plus this one has been listed for a while.:confused:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=06708&endYear=2009&modelCode1=LEGACY&showcaseOwnerId=74259&startYear=2005&makeCode1=SUB&transmissionCode=MAN&sellerTypes=b&transmissionCodes=MAN&searchRadius=25&mmt=%5BSUB%5BLEGACY%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=331378610&listingIndex=3&Log=0

Well you should be able to find a less expensive one from a private seller, but dealers ask retail and subaru in general holds its value.

As far as the test drive, if you have a friend or family with experience with turbocharged subarus, take them with you. But if not, ask the dealer if you can take it to you local subaru dealer to have them look it over prior to buying it. Other than that enjoy the drive

• I Donated
That's around what they are valued at. 85000 miles is not high the car is 6 years old and has exceeded the warranty that way.

It certainly isn't what they were valued at before Sandy. $16k for an 06 with 85k mi would have been hella high then.

Now, I'm not so sure. Something like 250,000 cars got destroyed by Sandy, so there is supposedly a huge premium on used cars on the East Coast right now.

every car is different, the biggest issue with these are if they were neglected in maintenance it may or may not have issues later on. mods are also a major concern if not done properly.

get maintenance records, if anything has been changed any previous issues etc. don't get into the rush of buying a car. wait for the right one it'll show up :)

there will also be people like me selling there cars with no records because i do everything myself. that is when you'll have to use your own judgement.

so no there is nothing wrong with buying a lgt with over 100k miles. my buddy has a wrx with 160k miles and still running strong. but stuff will wear out, struts, bushings etc. so get it checked out by a good known mechanic and go from there.

Archived