LegacyGT.com

05 LGT Air Bag Light Diagnosis

The Airbag light on the driver panel came on once in late Dec, but went off when I turned the car off and restarted. About 6 wks later it came back on and didn't go out after a few restarts. I brought the car to Troncalli Subaru and they told me that the computer had logged 5 diffrent codes - one for each of the side curtains and seat airbags and one for one of the others (I don't recall which).

They checked each airbag and found no problems, but told me that the battery is about 25% worn and not putting out enough voltage, and that the airbag system is very sensitive to anomolies in voltage.

They charged the battery (I'll be in the market for a new one shortly - it does crank slower and slower these days) and reset the codes, and I haven't seen the light since.

I don't put that many miles on the car and have less than 2 mos left on my ext warranty... I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this problem before and had this diagnosis?

Again the dealer says they checked each airbag for which there was a code and found no issues with the air bag system itself.

I'm just curious in light of all the horror stories I've heard about $1900 seat modules.

Thanks...

Archived