LegacyGT.com

05 legacy gt horn issues

rapture

Hope this is the correct spot to post :

Basically i installed hella horns aand they lasted about 2 yrs

I was NOT impressed , with sound, volume , or any part of the quality at all

They died, and i decided to buy a “ bad boy “ horn from harbor freight.

Ive installed it correctly to the best of my knowledge but it wont work?!

I checked the fuse, relay, ground wire ... still nothing?!

I need help! Am i missing something?

Any help or advise is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance !

Does the horn work when you double click and hold the lock button on the key fob? Pretty sure your grounds and power wires don’t have solid connections.

The power wire for the horn is traceable to a black connector underneath the passenger side headlight that would need to be accessed under the car through the splash gaurd or with the bumper off. It’s just a slide in spade connector that can become unconnected when pulled on.

Ok so i have a viper alarm that basically bypasses the stock horn so key fob , not gonna matter....

Also im well aware of the location of the wires that go to the main connector” in that location, how do you think i installed my hella horns??

Did you read my description above??

Im pretty sure its not my connections

Which is why im asking for help

This isnt a basic solve

At this point im leaning towards the switch in the steering wheel... but have never torn into that area yet...

Thanks for trying to help tho

Do you not have power or ground at the horn? I installed a Piaa horn in my car and wasn't impressed with the sound, but it is adjustable. I dont remember the wiring so you either have a 2 wire power/ground or 1 wire power with the horn being grounded through the body. If its 1 wire, make sure your ground spot is clean.

You’re just going to have to pick up a multimeter and backtrack to find the disconnect in power. Chasing electrical gremlins down a harness isn’t fun. Was there any work done to the car when the Hella horns died? Might find a root cause there. It won’t be a switch on the steering wheel if the horn still doesn’t work with the key fob. Horn is powered by the steering column and the alarm module. If both don’t work, the disconnect must be closer to the horns themselves.

Ok so again the key fob is Not an option because that was switched a long time ago when i had the viper alarm installed,and yeah i kinda figured id end up having to just check everythingbw a tester/multimeter ....ugh yay...

I can't see what you're working with, so paint a picture. Is it a single wire or 2 wire connector at the horn? The circuit needs power and ground to operate. If you can't figure it out and want a shop to look at it, let me know. Electrical diag on a forum is quite hard to do when one can't see and receives very little info.

Archived