LegacyGT.com

05 Axleback Exhaust

Dre617

Hello All,

I am looking to get new axle back exhaust for my vehicle, i have looked at nameless muffler deletes and 5" mufflers, looked at some videos but can't really gauge the noise level difference. Does anyone have either and can give me a rough idea on noise level or if there are other axle-back systems I should look into?

No mufflers is not crazy stupid loud as far as unmuffled cars go as this car is turbocharged. If you don't have a turbo, don't mess with the exhaust unless yours has rusted away.

If you do have a turbo, how loud do you want? My friend had Nameless muffler deletes and has some sound clips of his car without them on his Instagram (@lgtwago). I've heard them in-person and they're definitely pretty loud for my tastes. If you want to only mess with the axleback section, then the muffled version is the way to go. If you're OK with not having the factory resonator, the Borla catback that my car uses sounds pretty good.

My car also has a downpipe which affects the sound. It was definitely too loud sitting RIGHT behind it when I filmed this, but it's otherwise very tolerable, and even moreso with a stock downpipe.

You could remove your mufflers and test it.

If too loud for you, go with the 5"; if you like it, then muffler deletes.

I loved the unique sound of the 5" on my wagon (x2), but I couldn't handle the drone with my wagon; so I'm Stromung now and considering getting a set of HKS Silent Hi-Power for a rotation.