LegacyGT.com

95 Legacy 2.2 MAP sensor location

The bigger one to the left - black plug/connector - I believe:

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/attachments/problems-maintenance/92481d1405295594-so-i-keep-getting-map-sensor-code-map-sensor.jpg

Since you were a stickler for detail on my strut post I guess I should point out that I said in my original question that they are not attached to the passenger strut tower yet you posted a picture of one that is mounted to the passenger strut tower.

Mine is not there.

Not trying to be a D$%k but this was not helpful.

UR correct...I missed that. ....and not being a stickler to YOU, just clarifying in case I was referring to the wrong car.

Post a pic of what IS in that spot? And why do you need to know where the MAP is? Code? Rare to have issues w/the MAP in my experience.

Here is the deal: My son has a 96 2.2l and he has been dealing with hard lukewarm starts. It starts cold and starts fully warmed up but if he starts cold and drives 2 miles and shuts it off the engine won't restart and he throws cam position and map sensor codes. I have a dead 95 Legacy 2.2l and we swiped the cam position sensor off it. He continues to have the same problems but now it only throws the map sensor code. He did have a cracked vacuum hose off the intake manifold that T's to the Fuel Pressure Regulator and Map Sensor which has been fixed. We are trying to find the Map Sensor on my 95 Legacy Wagon 2.2l so we can try it in his car (same part number for both) but I cannot find it on my car. There is nothing mounted in that place on the passenger strut that you showed in the picture. That is where it is on his car but not on mine.

734132136_image1(1).JPG.f45c34549055dc2a490e477e0f3e3282.JPG

Archived