LegacyGT.com

TheMahFromTheU's 2.5GT

Here's my LGT, spun a bearing so I went in like everyone else did... Its an '05 LGT 5EAT, currently has 54, 488 miles on it. Block is built with: Wiseco pistons, manley conrods, king bearings, STi nitrated crank, block itself was hot-tanked and machined.

rsz_1lgtright.jpg.1901198d5ea57a2330b18dc4f9d5f46c.jpg

rsz_1lgtleft.jpg.1c9a6f20385cad443a93a520210af3e8.jpg

Going back with a VF40, or going bigger? You got the deletes -- You gonna up the powah?

I'll break the car in with the VF40 while I'm getting a VF46 rebuilt and upgrade it's compressor wheel to a billet one from xsboostturbochagers.com, once turbo is done I'll install it with my up/down pipes, SPT exhaust, cobb SF intake that I'll be purchasing soon, along with the tgv deletes..Oh and cobb ebcs.

Been in talks with Cryo about tuning - hopefully I can get 285awhp from this setup.

did you decide on tires yet and are you going to beef up the trans with the valve body mod, trans bushing and cooler? glad to see more modded legacys on long island

I'm gonna run the Falken Ziex ZE-612's, transmission will have to be next spring/summer I'm sorta broke from all this lol, valve body I should be able to do, and I already have the diff (trans) bushings (ClimberD) waiting to be installed just need the trans cooler. I'm from Queens :-)

Drove the car home yesterday - all I can say is WOW, car feels 10x times stronger then when I got the car in 8/2012. I've put on 6.1 miles on the new motor, so I got another 1494 miles before I do any fun stuff... Will do OCI's at 500 a piece then maybe 2500 to 3000 a piece..

Any thoughts or recommendations?

• Moderators
Drove the car home yesterday - all I can say is WOW, car feels 10x times stronger then when I got the car in 8/2012. I've put on 6.1 miles on the new motor, so I got another 1494 miles before I do any fun stuff... Will do OCI's at 500 a piece then maybe 2500 to 3000 a piece..

I want to say that most folks do the first oil change well before 500 miles on a new build...

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I got mine in 08/2012, too! What day?

100, 500, 1000, and then 3000/whatever OCI.

Did you put in any break-in additive? What are you using for oil?

See I'm anal like that and wanted to do something like that but was told 500, 500, 1000, then 1500..

I'll do the 100, 500, 1000, then so on... I haven't used any break-in additive. I used Mobil 1 EP Gold Top (Fully synthetic) with Mobil 1 EP Gold Top Filter - my readings indicate this oil is good for turbocharged motors, it's also Dexos1 approved or rated whatever that means lol...

Edited by TheMahFromTheU