LegacyGT.com

Rear Subframe Bushings

legacybt

Do any subframe bushing kits (similar to the Whiteline KDT907) fit the 05-09 LGT?

I've searched through lots of related threads and couldn't find a solid answer. The rear subframe is out of my car and I'd like to do as much as I can while it's out.

I have one sitting in my closet. Haven't tried to fit it yet.

The insert part of the bushing measures 2.5 inches or so. Attached are pictures. Let me know if you think they will fit.

http://i.imgur.com/wlU06yw.jpg

and

http://i.imgur.com/5jAYZvA.jpg

Edited by Rhitter

I have the Whiteline 2008 WRX subframe bushing inserts (KDT902) installed on my car. They don't fit perfectly. You need to trim them up, but they will go in and they make a difference.

I emailed Whiteline to see if the replacement bushings (KDT 907) for the WRX will fit the Legacy GT. I'm still waiting for a response.

Did some digging.

- Got in touch with Powerflex - very helpful customer service, they will get back to me with measurements on a similar application. The guy mentioned that if they or any of the other manufacturers don't offer a bushing for a location, there may be a reason why. Sometimes poly isn't the right material for the application.

- SuperPro sells bushing inserts: SPF3007K if you have voids in the bushings, SPF3008K for solid crossmember bushings.

- Beatrush sells the same type of inserts: S76103MTD-SS

Nothing else has come up with the following:

Hardrace

Whiteline

Perrin

Nolathane

Energy

AVO

Pedders

Strongflex

Megan

Cusco

• 2 months later...
My spare subframe is sitting here with only these bushings installed. The only thing holding me up from cutting them out is not knowing whether they can be replaced. If I have to get inserts, then I'm leaving them be and just wire wheeling and painting the subframe. If I know I can get replacements, I may go ahead and cut them out and powdercoat the subframe along with the rest of the stuff. Any measurements I can get for anyone without having to remove the rubber?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to powder coat my rear subframe, but first i need to remove all bushings so they can bake the powder coat (@ 400F). Differential bushings are available from Whiteline, but I still need to find replacement bushings for 4 points where it bolts to the chassis. My first glance at the Subaru parts catalog, lead me to believe that there wasnt even an OEM replacement available.

Did anyone ever find a replacement bushing for this?

Brandon Spec.B - Did you here back from Whiteline on the KDT907 fitment for the Legacy GT subframe? That seems like my best bet.

I'm going to powder coat my rear subframe, but first i need to remove all bushings so they can bake the powder coat (@ 400F). Differential bushings are available from Whiteline, but I still need to find replacement bushings for 4 points where it bolts to the chassis. My first glance at the Subaru parts catalog, lead me to believe that there wasnt even an OEM replacement available.

Did anyone ever find a replacement bushing for this?

Brandon Spec.B - Did you here back from Whiteline on the KDT907 fitment for the Legacy GT subframe? That seems like my best bet.

I purchased full poly bushings - Powerflex PFR69-417 for the previous gen Legacy chassis. The rear suspension setup is extremely similar, and the measurements I took of the Powerflex bushings matched the stock 05-09 bushings. However, I haven't had a chance to install them and it sounds like you'll be installing well before I do. They're probably your best bet.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I was going to just go with the SuperPro inserts (SPF3007K). However in light of of the tip from legacybt, I'm now going to purchase the Powerflex PFR69-417 to see if I can make those work. The rear subframe is out of my car now, so as soon as I get the new bushings and confirm fitment, then I'll be pressing/burning out the old ones then sending it off for media blasting. I'll try to remember to get back in here to let everyone know how it works out for me.

I should be getting my 09 back today from my mechanic. Had them install a bunch of items, along with the SuperPro SPF3007K. We'll see how everything feels after I pick it up.

legacybt - Why do you feel the Powerflex PFR69-417 are better than the SuperPro SPF3007K? Or is that only for replacing the whole bushing like elgin.owens is doing?

I should be getting my 09 back today from my mechanic. Had them install a bunch of items, along with the SuperPro SPF3007K. We'll see how everything feels after I pick it up.

legacybt - Why do you feel the Powerflex PFR69-417 are better than the SuperPro SPF3007K? Or is that only for replacing the whole bushing like elgin.owens is doing?

The powerflex bushings are a full poly replacement instead of a stiffening insert. Both should decrease subframe movement, but the full poly ones will be the stiffer of the two.

The nice thing about the inserts is they can be installed by unbolting the subframe and sliding them in, whereas the full replacements require full removal of the subframe and a bunch of work taking the old ones out.

The main reason for me choosing to replace the entire bushing is so the powder coatin can be baked on but I also believe that it will allow less movement of the subframe common to the chassis.

I've already removed every other bushing in the front & rear suspension, and I expect these to be the most difficult of all. Reason being that there is not any sort of metal shell on these, they appear to be molded in place or possibly adhered in some other way. Typically one would just press out the bushing using a proper sized die (pipe, socket, used bearing, etc). These ones may need to be burned out, unless I can press a pipe through to cut/rip the bushing loose from the subframe.

I should have the new bushings soon, then I can figure out how to get the old ones out. I'll let you guys know how it goes...

These ones may need to be burned out, unless I can press a pipe through to cut/rip the bushing loose from the subframe.

That's the main reason I decided on using inserts instead of full bushings on the rear differential mounts and sub-frame.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

I did a test fit on the Powerflex PFR69-417 and I'm happy to report that they fit perfectly. Took some pics of the old bushing removal process. The 12ton HF press didn't have the strength to push them out. Had to heat them with a oxy/propane rosebud torch, press out the rubber, then Sawzall the metal casing into halves then use an air hammer to chisel them out.

I did a test fit on the Powerflex PFR69-417 and I'm happy to report that they fit perfectly. Took some pics of the old bushing removal process. The 12ton HF press didn't have the strength to push them out. Had to heat them with a oxy/propane rosebud torch, press out the rubber, then Sawzall the metal casing into halves then use an air hammer to chisel them out.

Awesome!! Once they're installed and on your car I'll let the people at Powerflex I was talking to that those bushings are a confirmed fitment for the 05-09 chassis :)

• 6 months later...

I'm happy with my Powerflex bushings... Once the entire rear subframe was extracted from the vehicle and the old bushings were burnt/cut/chiseled out, then they were super easy to install.:rolleyes:

Since I did a ton of upgrades all at once, I'm not really sure exactly what any one component did for the handling. I just know that after everything I did, my car now handles amazing and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out! I'm sure they're better than the old ruber bushings they replaced. Plus it's just reassuring to know, that every last suspension related bushing on my vehicle, has been replaced with a high quality poly bushing.

• 10 months later...
Wow thanks for sharing! JDM GD STI Impreza all had solid mount rear subframe. No bushings whatsoever. A great upgrade that doesn't really add any nvh but makes a solid difference. I'm wanting to do this to my LGT as well!

• 3 years later...
I've got an 07 Legacy 2.5i SE and was wondering if any of these bushings mentioned would work for mine. As far as I'm aware, the subframes on the LGT's and the base, limited etc.. Were all the same except for the springs and shocks.. I'm not 100% on that, bit would love to know. I've got my whole rear tire apart replacing, well, basically everything since the previous didn't take one ioda of a crap about this poor car. 🥺🥺 I've literally gone through everything else besides what I'm doing now and a few cosmetic things. I really appreciate any help I can get! Thanks everyone!

Pretty much the same, read the sticky's. There is a listing somewhere on here.

There is lot's of info here if you look around.

Here try this,

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/complete-bushing-guide-bl-bp-281856.html?t=281856

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here