LegacyGT.com

Parts from other models/years that fit our 5th gen.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bet you never get your hands greasy. Must be why you have 800+ posts.

Really?

I have a hell of a lot more posts than he does and I get pretty greasy.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d50/Shockwave179/E86C648B-4869-4FAE-B827-1F2C35E06101-5535-0000075843FB0449.jpg

I don't get my hands greasy...there's people for that! lol just playing.

I do some of the little stuff on my cars, but I let the professionals take care of the dirty work. It also doesn't hurt that I live just a few moments from friends and sponsors - Andrewtech and TurboXS

I'll keep you all posted about the rears, I've got my fingers crossed.

^^^You are mistaken my friend. 800+ posts = asking questions, gathering knowledge, contributing to the forum and offering experience. Nothing to do with whether or not I do my own work on my car.

Erm...sounds like more typing than car work. Are your hands dirty and greasy because your keyboard is all dirty and greasy?

Brainchild: Why are you going with stoptech's on the front rather than the matching 06' wrx front calipers?

Stoptech is my preferred brake kit (one of the few parts that I don't prefer a JDM company for). I like a lot of things about the performance, design and engineering behind their kits. Go on their website and check out their philosophy of what makes for a good big brake kit. This set will be my 4th BBK from them.

The rears are actually 06 STi brembos, not the wrx versions. I was going to get the stoptech rear kit, but the one that would fit (08 sti +) had a larger diameter rotor than the front kit (since its for 04 STi). I decided that would not only look dumb, but bias would be way off. The 2 pot brembo rears should be perfect.

Edited by Brainchild Customs

Erm...sounds like more typing than car work. Are your hands dirty and greasy because your keyboard is all dirty and greasy?

Dude, you seem to have some serious chip on your shoulder. What's your problem? Lose it or leave the forum. We don't need that sh!t here!!!!

Stoptech is my preferred brake kit (one of the few parts that I don't prefer a JDM company for). I like a lot of things about the performance, design and engineering behind their kits. Go on their website and check out their philosophy of what makes for a good big brake kit. This set will be my 4th BBK from them.

The rears are actually 06 STi brembos, not the wrx versions. I was going to get the stoptech rear kit, but the one that would fit (08 sti +) had a larger diameter rotor than the front kit (since its for 04 STi). I decided that would not only look dumb, but bias would be way off. The 2 pot brembo rears should be perfect.

Oh, oops. When you said 06 caliper, I just kinda assumed you mean those red 06 wrx calipers. >.< So....the front stoptechs you're putting on are the same ones that would fit an 04' sti front, and the rears are 06' sti brembo 2 pots?

found a set for 1700, but dam that still a lot of money. In my mind i'm thinking "coilovers are coilovers right?" my analytic self is saying "no, buy quality" but myself being frugal with $$$ and where its spent is saying "buy megans or fortune auto 500s for price"

found a set for 1700, but dam that still a lot of money. In my mind i'm thinking "coilovers are coilovers right?" my analytic self is saying "no, buy quality" but myself being frugal with $$$ and where its spent is saying "buy megans or fortune auto 500s for price"

You could try the Tanabe's I mentioned. Made in Japan, utilize KYB struts. Spring rate isn't super stiff but for $879 they seem like a bargain...

Part number: TSC162

You could also try Tein basics made for a 08+ WRX.

I'd rather stay away from Teins to be honest, after having these S.Tech lowering springs I'm not too sure I'd want a hole coilover kit from them. I'm going to dig around on those Tanabes, seem like a great value and see how people have liked them. Also i've been trying to meet up with local subie guys on a subaru forum here locally and ride in a few memebers rides and see how things feel.

I'd rather stay away from Teins to be honest, after having these S.Tech lowering springs I'm not too sure I'd want a hole coilover kit from them. I'm going to dig around on those Tanabes, seem like a great value and see how people have liked them. Also i've been trying to meet up with local subie guys on a subaru forum here locally and ride in a few memebers rides and see how things feel.

This should help you.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2336164

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-suspension-handling-stiffening/224062-tanabe-sustec-pro-s-oc-coilover-review-2011-sti-sedan.html

Ya I've been reading about the H&Rs since they're progressive springs and seem to be comfortable for DD.

I've been searching for the Tanabes and now i'm intrigued. Searched through the "slammed 5thgen thread" and a few other coilovers threads, but where are you finding them for 879. Everywhere i look is 950+

H&R springs, or coilovers?

Coils....I'm planningon ditcthing the Tein S.techs i got (they were free) withing the next 8-10k to be ready for summer mode and look like a boss for shows when i get my wheels in the next 1-2months:)

Ya I've been reading about the H&Rs since they're progressive springs and seem to be comfortable for DD.

I've been searching for the Tanabes and now i'm intrigued. Searched through the "slammed 5thgen thread" and a few other coilovers threads, but where are you finding them for 879. Everywhere i look is 950+

PM'd.

Just remember that if you use a set of 08+ WRX coilovers, you'll have to use your stock front tophats. They'll fit on the KW, but I don't know the sizes on Tein/H&R/etc. I'm using OEM tophats front and rear with my RCET2 (KWv3)

Yeah good thing to point out. I don't think any of the three brands mentioned come with tophats.