LegacyGT.com

5th Gen - Tricks and tweaks

^what happens when your computer crashes or gets a virus?

What happens when your filing cabinet starts on fire?

LMAO... I have everything backed up to a USB hard drive and then a network drive... if that still crashes... I just pray I dont get audited :lol:

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an old USB male to female cable (I think came w/ my laptop cooling fan) that I plugged into the USB input to extend the outlet. I found it annoying trying to plug my USB stick at the bottom of the dark armrest box.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=USB+cable+male+to+female&x=0&y=0]http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=USB+cable+male+to+female&x=0&y=0[/ame]

It's best to have multiple virtual backups of your important data tbh.

What I do is have two seperate external HDD's with the same data on both of them stored at different locations.

Next step is to put it on some form of cloud storage and that makes your data extremely resistant to loss.

• 1 month later...

Does this procedure work on other subes?

"Go fast...ignition on

turn headlights on

hit trip meter 5 times

headlights off

hit trip meter 5 times

headlights on

hit trip meter 5 times

Now you can adjust the MPG reading on the first option screen. Default is zero I set mine to -2 and its much closer."

• 3 months later...
Does this procedure work on other subes?

"Go fast...ignition on

turn headlights on

hit trip meter 5 times

headlights off

hit trip meter 5 times

headlights on

hit trip meter 5 times

Now you can adjust the MPG reading on the first option screen. Default is zero I set mine to -2 and its much closer."

what does this do?? :confused:

SEATBELT CHIME ELIMINATION

1. Insert key into ignition. Turn to "Accessory On" position. This is the last click before you would turn the key to start the engine. Your radio and annoying seatbelt chime will be ON.

2. Within 5 seconds of turning your key to "ACC ON", take your seatbelt clip, and INSERT & RELEASE into the buckle 20 times repeatedly. Each time you INSERT the clip into the buckle, it must "click" into place. You must push the release button to remove it. Complete this 20 times within 30 seconds.

3. When you have completed the 20 clicks, turn your key off and remove it from the ignition.

4. Start your car as normal. You will notice that the seatbelt indicator chime will sound six (6) times, then go off. It will NOT come back on until the next time you start your car, and it will stay on this pattern indefinately.

5. To re-active your annoying seatbelt chime, simply unhook your positive (+) battery terminal for 30 seconds to reset the ECU.

worked for me. :)

i just pre-positioned myself.... left hand with the belt close to the clicker.

turned the key to on and commenced "da clicking"... you don't even have to go THAT fast. just could the first couple times in your head ( ONE-ONE THOUSAND) and you'll see it's plenty of time.

thanks.

/\__/\

(='.'=) This is Cat. Copy and paste Cat

(")_(") to help him gain world domination.

• 2 weeks later...
Post #2, I have tried this approximately 15 times. I do not see anywhere where you can adjust the mpg. Is there any other steps that need to take place? Thanks.

I'm trying to remember.... I think you press and hold the button to select the mpg setting then just press it to cycle through the options.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This is not really a trick just a tid-bit: the owners folder (holds all the books) fits perfectly in the rear door pockets. THis cleans up the glove box for other crap like extra napkins and straws :)

Nice. I personally don't like things showing in the car or in the cubby holes. I put my owners manual in the trunk tray.

:eek:Does NOT work

:confused:Apparently you guys are refering to systems with the Navigation Scrren???

:confused:What about us without NAV??????

Talking about adjusting the MPG readout, right? I don't have navigation and the steps worked for me. I remember it being a little tricky to actually get it in to the mode so it will change the setting (after you do the first step with the light switch). Read what I wrote a few posts ago. I can try it again in my car if needed.