LegacyGT.com

Magnusonsubie's 05 LGT Wagon thread.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm back home now with my car. Did some detailing this week and installed the JDM garnish. Got a surprise coming shortly thanks to madrig and his composite work.

Do you do your own detailing? If so, what do you use to get spider marks and scratches out of the black paint?

Yes I do my own detailing. Depending on the severity of the scratches or swirls I use meguiars ultimate compound if they are bad and I use meguiars swirlX for stuff that isn't as bad and then I finish it off with Klasse All-in-one and Klasse High Gloss Sealant

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

The carbon fiber trim will look really nice on that garnish! Did you get one with blue tint, to match your theme? It almost makes me want to install mine and get the carbon fiber trim, or at last buy the trim to add to the hoard.

The carbon fiber trim will look really nice on that garnish! Did you get one with blue tint, to match your theme? It almost makes me want to install mine and get the carbon fiber trim, or at last buy the trim to add to the hoard.

You could also just wrap it with carbon fiber vinyl. That's what I did with the chrome part on the stock trunk and it looks perfect for very few dollars.

You could also just wrap it with carbon fiber vinyl. That's what I did with the chrome part on the stock trunk and it looks perfect for very few dollars.

I wrapped that piece with black vinyl but I'd rather have something that is "real".

I ended up choosing the black one with the blue badge overlay. After madrig sent me pictures of them in the sun I decided as cool as the blue one is it was just too bright and flashy for my car. I think the blue badge overlay will be enough to continue my black with blue theme.

2005 Vader Wagon

I wrapped that piece with black vinyl but I'd rather have something that is "real".

And also support a forum member who is getting into composite work and might create other parts in the future ;)

2005 Vader Wagon

No pictures yet as it's not on the car but the garnish trim from madrig came today. Tracking was showing a Monday arrival so when it was here today I was excited. Took it out and the craftsmanship is incredible. The weave is incredibly even throughout and the edges where the badge are the weave blends perfectly. Absolutely brilliant work. Can't wait to see what other composite work he's doing. I'm excited for this garnish!

2005 Vader Wagon

Couple driveway phone pictures with the trim installed. Looks absolutely incredible and fits just like stock.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160716/72951dd8f95cc83e1d00043d8e45d9d0.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160716/e734ce254e51d48d1283f8dfa888e9ce.jpg

2005 Vader Wagon

So much want.

Now to erase that silly blue '2.5'

Leave it chrome, IMO, sticks out too much in that blue

:wub:

If I were to try and point out any other eye sores... I'd be looking for a hella long time dude, sweet wagon!

• 3 weeks later...

I fooled around with a couple different looks. The image was begging for a wide screen look, so I did a 16x9. Then I thought let's crop out the sidewalk completely with 16x10, cause that gravel looks great and is interrupted by that sidewalk/driveway. Then I thought, let's make this game harder... Can I make square work? aka 1x1? Try! Little bit of PS Content Aware fill and I think I did. Color balance, I went crazy with the color palette, but I was also working on my laptop which isn't my best monitor. Didn't have the RAW file, so was quite limited. Feel free to hate/critque.

28734133452_16c85a6898_b.jpg

28223917603_fcbfd408a7_b.jpg

28554713350_5b02fe6032_b.jpg

28838961405_0c6bbdf1ee_b.jpg

No offense to the original photographer/editor, as we all see these differently and we all love a photoshop challenge. I roll a black on black car too, so I too struggle with dark shadows, over HDR-ness, and such.

Yeah the original photographer says that my car is quite difficult to bring out in pictures haha. But those different takes on editing are kinda cool to see what can be done.

2005 Vader Wagon

• 2 weeks later...