LegacyGT.com

05 LGT Dual zone conversion?

driving

I have a dual zone 05 LGT but want to install either Aftermarket headunit OR Factory 07-09 Unit. Ive found many 07-09 headunits online for cheap but am unsure since none have the "dual zone". Will my A/C and heating plug and play/work? I dont care about different temps just want A/C and heat to work and better music.

Thanks for any help.

if you have the digital controls only the digital controls will work. Manual(knob) controls only work on Manual(knob) Controls. If you are looking to upgrade to an 08 headunit to have AUX in you are looking for a P-204UH headunit. the only other way to get a different headunit is to buy the JDM climate control starts at about $350 i think.

Are the ac and radio physically part of each other in the back? I'll cut the faceplate and make it work its only bonded by the plastic part

Won't work because the AC controls are wired with the Radio. If it was that easy, we wouldn't need to spend $350+ to be able to use aftermarket head units.

Tsk tsk....

You guys obviously didn't see the thread where the guy separated the OEM radio from the HVAC controls, spliced into the ribbon wire to get its power back, then cut and fiberglass'd the hole for the Double DIN did you?

It looks possible to do, just have to have mad wiring/soldering/electrical skills.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/dual-hvac-separation-stock-radio-delete-63956.html?t=63956&highlight=ribbon

Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

Tsk tsk....

You guys obviously didn't see the thread where the guy separated the OEM radio from the HVAC controls, spliced into the ribbon wire to get its power back, then cut and fiberglass'd the hole for the Double DIN did you?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/dual-hvac-separation-stock-radio-delete-63956.html?t=63956&highlight=ribbon

All I see is a link to a thread where a guy took apart the radio and has yet to put it back together. If it was that easy, it would have been done already.

All I see is a link to a thread where a guy took apart the radio and has yet to put it back together. If it was that easy, it would have been done already.

Op, if you want to get an aftermarket HU and improve your sound system. Fork over the $350 for the JDM Double Din Bezel. Otherwise save your money for something else.

It was completed in another thread.

It is possible.

If you want a factory head unit and better sound, just get a JL Cleansweep, speakers, and an external amp for less than the double DIN conversion kit.

It is possible.

If you want a factory head unit and better sound, just get a JL Cleansweep, speakers, and an external amp for less than the double DIN conversion kit.

Thank you compsurge, meant to link that one too.

I agree though that it doesn't seem worthwhile.

Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

It is possible.

I used the audio control LC6i. It's the same thing as the cleansweep, but slightly cheaper.

Archived