LegacyGT.com

My '06 spec B guage solution...on nav screen

lilbrudder

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have the aux input of the nav wired to a terminal in the center console so I can just plug in my phone and off I go. Torque is running off bluetooth, it auto connects to the phone when in range. As of now I am using a mounted RCA video cable for the terminal, if i can figure it out I will use a USB so I can get it to charge while outputing video( hopefully audio some day too).

• I Donated
What is Torque and what can you monitor?

Basically anything. It uses a bluetooth OBDII sensor you can buy for like 20 bucks and your phone connects to it, reading what it's putting out. It also uses GPS for things, and can tell you the differential between your vehicle's indicated speed vs gps speed, anything you can imagine. You can also pull codes with torque.

That is brilliant!

I would love to get something like this working with my screen - it is a JDM Kenwood 2004 MY and different to yours in that it does not have an AUX input - Do you know if I am likely tobe able to use the Sat Nav round cable connector to input video - or is this just for data?

How do you get video out from the Droid?

I have a HTC Desire HD and only a micro USB port... Have you done yours through the USB port or does it have a video out?

Cheers :cool:

Here is the one I have.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-Auto-Car-V1-5-ELM327-OBDII-OBD2-Interface-CAN-BUS-Diagnostic-Scanner-/110913844854?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d2faf676 $12 shipped. I am using Torque pro( the paid version) and would highly recommend over the free. Sorry iphoners, only Droid does. The mountable video RCA was obtained at radio shack for $2, and the micro usb to RCA was like $5, if you use the HTC one that I have it will charge your phone while plugged in. That's it, I already had most the stuff so this mod cost me $2.

What is Torque and what can you monitor?

As mentioned basically anything, some of my favorites are: 0-60 time, 1/4 mile time, est HP, est torque, boost, I can use it as a shift indicator, ect. The only thing I wish it had is a AIM read out, I would like to know what it is at w/o hooking up the lappy.

Doing a bit of reading on the Torque site, you can submit a request on their forum for updates and additions. Maybe IAM could be included in a future update?

The OBDII you linked is a CAN-BUS scanner, which I think will only work up to and including 06. 07+ is different... just like VAGCOM vs. Tactrix..

Can anyone verify that?

Sorry iphoners, only Droid does.
I've been looking at a similar solution from PLX with their Kiwi2 WiFi that works with iPhone and then using some of the supported apps for iPhone like DashCommand. Stumbled across it when looking at their WBO2 sensor to use with a VBG1 gauge. Once I get my primary mod goals done, I may pursue this and see if I can get it onto my Nav display like you did with one of these Apple adapters.

I've been looking at a similar solution from PLX with their Kiwi2 WiFi that works with iPhone and then using some of the supported apps for iPhone like DashCommand. Stumbled across it when looking at their WBO2 sensor to use with a VBG1 gauge. Once I get my primary mod goals done, I may pursue this and see if I can get it onto my Nav display like you did with one of these Apple adapters.

There is one flaw, and that is that not all apps support video out of the dock connector. You can JB the device and use Display Out, or... That's really it.

Ive wanted to do something like this for quite some time, but other things are more important at the moment.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived