LegacyGT.com

Wheel experts: can you help me find my perfect wheel? (First Post)

Lobster Boat

Hi all,

Just recently picked up a 2005 LGT Wagon with only 64k on the clock. While it is at the shop being once-over'd, I have been purchasing parts. I'll start a build thread within the coming weeks.

Anywho, I am looking for wheels to replace the OE's (they're really beat up).

I've grown partial to "classic" wheel designs on the LGT, like BBS LM's and OZ Futura's. Sounds like I answered my question, no? Why not just buy those? Two things: First, I can't afford $4,000/set, especially on a DD. Second, the replicas I've found only offer (for subaru's) extremely low offsets of 35 >. I am looking for a 45 or 48 (I am not the biggest fan of low-life and do not want to run excessive neg. camber to tuck the wheel).

So what direction can you guys provide to me? Here's some pics for inspiration:

http://i68.tinypic.com/97lk7s.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/2ltljcj.jpg

please do more research

offset doesn't mean everything, it's nothing without width of wheel

You are correct!

I assume you think my concerns of "extreme" are in regards to mechanical stress?

In this instance, I am apprehensive to use a "low" offset wheel (low in this case) is in regards to fender-to-wheel proximity. In almost any circumstance, adding +15mm of offset to an OE spec will, given the vertical distance of the hub to the chassis is decreased under load, require body modification.

I don't want to roll fenders, is all!

go with what you want, and most likely the next thread you start will be something like "why doesn't my car look like the pictures I posted before"

It's like saying you want all the visual stuff, but don't want to modify anything

I don't follow... did you read my original post?

I am inquiring about any wheels that look like those featured in the pictures I originally posted.

I specifically mentioned that I don't plan on slamming the car... that is the whole point of the post.

I didn't say I wanted my car to look like the pictures... I am simply asking for input on wheels that look like those OZ's/BBS's that fall within my target offset.

I came to this forum for advice, since my searching turned up few results.

... so do you have any ideas?

Archived