LegacyGT.com

Starting my first turbo swap!

Alright guys, so this weekend is dedicated to my first major mod list on my 06. BNR 20G, tgv deletes, 8mm phenolic spacers, DW 740cc injectors, DW 200 pump, Exedy clutch, Exedy flywheel, perrin turbo inlet, and oil lines. Then down to chicago for a tune on wednesday at P&L. I already have a bunch of stuff done like megan one piece catless header/up, invidia catless dp, magnaflow cbe, k&n typhoon intake, cobb lightweight pulley, cobb bpv, gs ebcs, torque solution tmic, avo tb hose, Cobb sts and bushings, battery in the trunk and a cobb AP on stg 2 at the moment. Ill be sure to post dyno sheets and track times as soon as they open. Wish me luck! :icon_chee

2013-03-14_18-14-54_764.thumb.jpg.6b5e3730c5b0797a7ede650407c30d60.jpg

1803278261_myride.jpg.35a526e1fbb33a748b10b21cfcfc2579.jpg

turbo.jpg.ee09f40dd8e0feffc997045922cca175.jpg

06 GT - Totalled 😢... to be continued

07 Spec B - Wife took over 🤔

06 i - getting built motor and 6 speed 😁

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i was told they were good till about 450 hp. so im hoping thats true :/

Yeah you should be good as long as your not running E85. That is a lot of stuff to tackle yourself in such short time, GL.

Also its not ideal to run both LWFW and lightweight pulley.

im in south haven. and i was planning on getting a tune for pump and e85 actually... should i be worried? and i have a buddy of mine helping. so far weve got it down to the manifold, inlet and tgvs all off.

on a good note tho, the turbo (assuming it wasnt replaced before i got it at 92,5xx) has 120k and ZERO shaft play at all! :) so i may be selling it if anyone might be interested in it.

Okay so now that i actually got the turbo out, there is a little bit of shaft play, not much tho

im in south haven. and i was planning on getting a tune for pump and e85 actually... should i be worried? and i have a buddy of mine helping. so far weve got it down to the manifold, inlet and tgvs all off.

Yes, I am almost positive that you will be maxing out your 740's with E85. Talk to your tuner and see what he says. 740's should be fine on pump gas.

... well crap. i hope it does okay at least.. i wasnt originally planning on doing e85, but i figured for another 100 bucks for another map.. well why not? i guess we will see what happens

and as far as the pulley.. since im doing a lwfw, it sounds like i should prolly go back to my stock pulley?

I did LWFW and LWCP no problem, tho the discussion is 50/50 on whether or not it's ok.

I love the combo, it makes downshifting faster & alot more fun. Heel/toe is noticeably easier with the LWCP.

I would recommend 850's if you go e85 on anything bigger than a 16g.

Well ive still got the stock pulley if i feel i should switch back. So far everything but the flywheel is taken off. Everything has been going pretty smooth so far. (Knock on wood) tomorrow begins the install process!

Hey man, when I get back to Ohio I will be switching to e85. Infamous done my tune and prefers at least 850's for it. Ill prolly do 1100's for plenty of play room. I have a dw65 fuel pump tho. Our setup is pretty similar, my numbers were 351hp/362tq. Ill see if I can find the dyno sheets. I'm on 90oct up here in Alaska. I am also on stock clutch, crappy and slips. I got a stock wrx flywheel and waiting to get back to Ohio for my clutch. I don't drive my car much so it isn't a biggie. I'm in for some numbers as well!

Okay so after tons of headaches, a day called off work, and a shit ton of swearing, I finally got it done and seems to be doing good. I've put 50 miles on her so far and the only things I've run ive run into is sometimes after putting it in neutral it will shut off... it starts right back up tho.. so idk.. also I've got cell codes for intake stuff which I expected with the tgv deletes. So all in all, I'm just glad its finally put back together. Getting the dyno done on Tuesday at p&l in Chicago. So I'll be posting what she makes then. Then Im going to the track the Saturday after (weather permitting). I'll keep you guys posted if I run into any other problems!

I've put 50 miles on her so far and the only things I've run ive run into is sometimes after putting it in neutral it will shut off... it starts right back up tho.. so idk..

I had the same problem after installing the turbo inlet. If your running a Cobb AP, go into the "tune" settings and raise the idle by 25rpm increments until that problem stops. I had to raise my idle up 125rpms.

Archived