LegacyGT.com

DIY transmission mount insert

Back in my old Honda days, I used to make my own engine mount inserts. I figured I'd try it out on my transmission mount to see how effective it was. I used window sealant instead of liquid nails epoxy this time because the epoxy would get hard fawking and vibrate like woah. I could have used driveway sealant or some other hard polyeurathane but I'm looking for that blend of control and comfort. I know I know, the group-n mount is the method of choice but I had $9 laying around so I figured wtf, why not?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Duck tape the fawk out of the section you intend to fill. I did the middle part because you need the other parts open to A) absorb big dumps and B) not rattle your kidneys to death.9e06e8f9ea5bcd9232456b7450862db7.jpg

Make sure you take it nice and tight so the filing doesn't spill over.

Interesting. Hopefully the silicone is dense enough to make a difference. A buddy of mine made a copy of his Rallitek one and I installed it recently. Makes quite a difference. Some mild NVH for the first few hundred miles but It's either smoothed out or I've gotten use to it lol.

http://i.imgur.com/h0bb651.jpg

I've seen people do what you did to the rear diff bushings to fill in the void.

Sorry for the multiple posts. Tapatalk won't let me put all the pictures in order.

Yes it will, if you click on the little photo icon between the text box and keyboard instead of the add photo frame in the text box.

Mount is on and it definitely feels better. Compliments the '15 WRX Perrin shifter bushing, shifter stay and short throw adapter nicely. Up shifting is smooth and engaging, first to second is still notchy but shifting down through gears is much improved. No NVH that I can tell. Worth the $10 I paid for the silicone and the gun.

Interesting. Hopefully the silicone is dense enough to make a difference. A buddy of mine made a copy of his Rallitek one and I installed it recently. Makes quite a difference. Some mild NVH for the first few hundred miles but It's either smoothed out or I've gotten use to it lol.

http://i.imgur.com/h0bb651.jpg

I've seen people do what you did to the rear diff bushings to fill in the void.

The rear diff bushings are a good idea. I was thinking of using something harder for the lower control arms. I just clipped 50k on my 11 but the salt and roads here in Buffalo have fucked every piece of rubber to hell.

Archived