LegacyGT.com

just bought the rims ive been wating

06legsleeper

just bought these rims in 18x8 40 offset ...

im only on h&r springs so im sure the fitment will be fine . going to run 225/40 tires ....

ive researched a good bit and seen a few leggys with this offset so .

plus im going to roll my lips anyway just for good measure

just thought id post and share my excitement lol

STR_Wheels_601_Silver.jpg.f134a8f43672a4c9073582c5dc01dd6c.jpg

scooby only prob is can i fit 235/40 on there im dropped on h&r springs thats about it , im getting the fenders and q panels rolled so im not sure they will fit that tire though .. seeing as i got 18x8 40 offset

there still kinda heavy but .... 20 a piece

I can't see that the difference in width (.4" and that is .2" on each side of the wheel) would cause any clearance issues....I see lots of guys running 235's on 8" wheels and lowered too.....Unless you are running Slammed to the ground I can't see an issue..........keep us posted.

My issue with the 225 on 8" width was the the rim stuck out past the rubber....when I got them from Tirerack and put them on the floor, on their sides, the rims hit the cement and the tires did NOT....ouch!!

I am currently running 235/40/18 on 18X8 rims.....very nice and lots of clearance....but not lowered ;)

Yes they are taller....by .3" ... or actually .15"above the wheel center and the same under the wheel.

I used this size on my '12 Limited because They are the same circumference as the OEM 215/50/17....using OZ 18x8 rims and Kuhmo ASX 235/40/18 I get true speedo readings and a lot more grip with the same weight as the OEM wheels/tires. I would say it is a win-win situation and the 235's protect the rim edges against minor curb rubbing.

thank ya .. yeah i got tires from one of my buddys for cheap least i can see and try them there 225/40 so if i dont like the look or ride ill by new 235/40..

he sold me a set he had used for like 3 months still have 7/32,s left on them and cant beat 60 bucks for all 4 :)

Archived