LegacyGT.com

First LegacyGT LA Gunslingers Ball - Sat Jun16, 11am @ LA Gun Club (downtown LA)

LosAngelesLGT

By popular request we are kicking off the first LegacyGT.com Gunslingers Ball this Saturday, June 17th. Gunslingers, newbs, wannabes and even non-LGT.com related friends welcome to come and expand their firearms profiency or share their experience.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/galvatron2x/_MG_2187-1.jpg

The meet will be at 11am SHARP, plan to show up at 1050am. If you do not show up on time, you may not have a firing booth with the group. If you have a gun, bring it, unloaded, in a case. You may bring your own ammo. This indoor range only allows FMJ. If you do not have a gun, I will either take responsibility for you or pair you up with a firearm owner.

What is particularly AWESOME about this place is the wide range of rental firearms.

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr229/bleach1911/range002-1.jpg

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr229/bleach1911/range007.jpg

Prices are a bit higher than gun ranges out of the city but with the time investment, traffic and cost of fuel, why bother (unless you are shooting long guns)

Enterance $10 (IIRC) Includes shooting glasses and earmuffs

Gun Rental $5-10 per gun

Ammo average $10-15 per box of 50 (.22 is a lot cheaper)

Targets $1-3

Los Angeles Gun Club Rules

http://thelosangelesgunclub.com/rules.html

If you cannot act like an adult for 3 hours and follow safety regs (that will be both explained to you and shown to you), don't bother showing up. Otherwise, its a blast (no pun intended)!

THE LIST

1. LosAngelesLGT

2. TheOneDoubleN

3. Leftcoast74

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently "d" is next to "f" on the keyboard. All wifes and girlfriends are welcome as long as they are not pregnant. In general, discrimination against pregnant ladies is a big no-no but very loud noises WILL harm a fetus and it is a rule at most gun ranges that pregnant women are not on the premises.

If there is enough interest we will make this a monthly meet. Before my last big injury I went to the range almost once a month, solo. Now that I am strong again I would have no problem doing a monthly meet, even if only one or two others show up.

Firearms skills are like dancing and riding a skateboard. You may know how but you will only be good at it if you maintain the skill.

Damn. Finally a cool meet. A chance to blow stuff up. I have appointments at the shop. Plus I am trying to get Max car finished for S3. So, as much as I would love to come out and put some rounds through the Para (my newest 45cal) I wont be able to make it.

Have fun wit da glock Max.

MSprank/Mike :wub: the Glock. Nice gun to fire. I can't wait to put more rounds though it. You know its yours at the same reasonable price if you ever want it (although I would never give it up to anyone but you). Its been properly maintained and barely had a chance to be loved.

When I talked to you yesterday you sounded REALLY stressed, and I did not want to bother you, so I did not even mention the meet. I will schedule the following monthly meets on SUNDAYS.

This was really a last minute event and I really thoughtlessly threw it together after very little discussion with TheOneDoubleN and did not contact my bestie.:eek::spin::mad:

Anyhow, enough bromancing. Next month and every month thereafter we will be throwing down on Sundays.

I saw the previous thread, but know it was too far from home for me to commit to anything.

Shop is far busier than ever before. Good and bad. Stress level is high. But busy is better than slow, I suppose.

I made a rather cool-mo-dee bracket to hold your turbo coolant res. What I failed to measure was fitment with the FMIC piping. Good ole "eye ball engineering". I was off by about 1/2". So, I scratched a cold side pipe good. That made me mad. In the end, I broke the res and scratched two pipes. So, I bought you another res and sent the two pipes out (with a few more parts to make the minimum price worth it) for fresh powder coat (my dime). I fixed the res issue and installed the Hellas and Mishimoto coolant res today. I got fancy with the Hellas and put a hole in the brand new Mishimito radiator (with a 3/4" drill bit no less). So, out it came and in went a fresh one from inventory (my dime again). Man, I am going backwards rushing your car, Lol. I have your lamps out for work now. Your exterior pieces are at paint. I need the two pipes back from coating and I am ready to install the final pieces under the hood.

If the lamps and painted parts are back by mid-week I will pull all nighters to get your car driving to S3.

Did I mention my last "day off" was in 2011? Yes, I LIVE Subarus.

I figured you were too busy to make the meet this time even if it WAS on a Sunday.

I am not expecting anyone to commit to every meet and I am not planning on having every meet at the same spot as different ranges are fun like different tracks. I hope everyone is onboard with this.

Its not suprise my car is such a hassle: we planned for you to do my car on the shop downtime. You have had a full book for months: you are working on my car in overtime not in downtime and thats hard.

Don't let the success go to your head :lol:

Bump for awesomeness. Wrong coast for me, but I'd totally do it if my commute weren't 5 hours by plane. Not that I'm a gun owner or knowledgeable at all. I've taken the Massachusetts GOAL (Gun Owners Action League) firearms course and fired a few pistols for fun. My buddy that I took the course with has just gotten fairly heavily in to this. He just put together his own AR-15.

Mass gun laws are a bit crazy though. Permit law is basically may issue as decided by the chief of police in the town that you are a resident in. The end result of this is that there is actually a wide variety of ways in which the law is applied based on what town you live in. Live in Leominster? You'll have no problem getting a full all lawful purposes permit. Live in Medford? Not so much. Live in Boston? You have no chance of ever receiving a permit to possess anything more lethal than pepper spray. And even that is a hassle.

How long are you guys gonna be there? I have a wedding to go to in Fullerton but that's not til 5 =D. Leaving NorCal whenever I wake up lol

Planning to be there from 11am to 2pm-ish. Would love to get together with you while you are in town. PM'd you my number in case you lost it.

Can't make it. I work Saturdays :(

From now on will be on Sundays.

hmmm... if this was at firingline, i would be down as i have membership there. but maybe... put me down for maybe.

If you don't make it don't stress. We will be doing a different range every month or two and a meet every month.

Had a really good time.

250rnd 9mm

50rnd .357

50rnd .38

and a few 380 and 45 rounds...

Definately want to purchase a Ruger GP100. Can you say 5" group of headshots at 50'? Sure you can. That the first 6 shots out of that gun were more accurate than any 5 shots out of the 500 I have put though my Glock. So easy to fire accurately it practically does it for you.

The one DoubleN, OGHK87Jay, myself and my neighbor BigAl. My hawt 18 year old cousin Jorden went clay pigeon shooting instead and my tattoo artist buddy apparently spent too much time partying the night before and couldn't hang.

Definitely a lot of fun, pretty good prices too compared to other ranges for a place in LA. This would make for a good monthly shindig.

Agree FOR A PLACE IN LA. What I really need to do is get off my ass and join a local club/range if I am going to be running this meet/club. It is something I will be looking into in the coming weeks.

SO FAR MEET SET FOR THE MIDDLE OF NEXT MONTH ~15th of July.

Archived