LegacyGT.com

2007 Legacy 2.5i

JoeC99

Hey, I don't know if I'm in the right spot, or even the right forum. :p Anyway, I currently have a MONEY PIT Mazda Millenia. It's terrible, everything is going wrong. But, I've found a 2007 Legacy 2.5i. My old car was 170bhp @ 160lb ft torque. I know on paper the legacy is faster, but do you think it will be noticeable? I plan to only run on it 94 ethanol, to increase the performance, but I would like a bit more. I haven't found a GT, so I am stuck with the non-turbo.

Anyway, what problems can I expect with a 07 2.5i with 98k miles? And is there anything I can do to improve performance. Also, does anyone know the 0-60 times.

Thanks!

I got a 2.5i 06 in April last year and everything on my car checked out. I bought it with 99k and just made sure the dealer replaced the timing belt before I got it. I haven't had any problems with my car since except getting the drive belt replaced, but that's expected. Take it to a mechanic and get a pre-purchase inspection if you have doubts.

I had an 07 2.5i... and we still have an 05 2.5i. (along with my specb)

They are good cars. Between the two cars, the only major thing that was done, was the timing belt at the recommended 100k (this needs to be done), and the cat converters (pricey if not under warranty). Oh and a steering rack, which doesnt really seem to be a known issue with leggies... And that was all on the 05.

Other than that... We've had great luck! Can't complain.

As far as performance goes... I mean, its still a naturally aspirated, heavy, four door, family sedan. You can only do so much within reasonable standard to make it a bit quicker. If you want quicker, just find a 05-07 lgt. There's usually a good amount of them out there. I dont know much about the millenia, but it sounds like they would be equally as quick. Guessing the leggie would out handle the mazda. Just a guess though

Dont use 94 and waste your money. Dont put an intake on it either. :)

how much... for the car or timing belt?

i dont remember on the timing belt. Dealer was crazy pricey. We had our shop do it. It wasnt horrible, but not super cheap. We had the water pump, and all the pulleys done too iirc....

When I was getting my car my dad said it would be close to about $1000 for the timing belt. We told the dealer we weren't going to buy it without them replacing the timing belt and they did it

Alright, so I need to call about the timing belt. If its not done and they won't do it, how much am I lookin at? Should I look elsewhere?

agreed. if they dont change it, use it as a bargaining tool.

I get leary about used car lots making repairs that cannot be easily seen by a glance under the hood anyways...

True, I got my car from a Toyota dealership though, so I figured I could trust them at least as far as a timing belt job

Archived