LegacyGT.com

***Official: "What went into my hood scoop today" Thread***

With fall in the air I am seeing an increase in the amount of leaves and debris falling off of trees and into my hood scoop. Most of it is organic debris and isn't going to bend the fins on the intercooler but was wondering if I should periodically lift the hood and clean out in there? :rolleyes:

I've also had bird poop land just in front of it and then get sucked in. :eek:

(I'm guessing it's more accurate to say blow in than sucked in but whatever).

Interested in the opinions of those with more scooby TMIC experience?

I got soap in there once.

It was horrible.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

With fall in the air I am seeing an increase in the amount of leaves and debris falling off of trees and into my hood scoop. Most of it is organic debris and isn't going to bend the fins on the intercooler but was wondering if I should periodically lift the hood and clean out in there? :rolleyes:

I've also had bird poop land just in front of it and then get sucked in. :eek:

(I'm guessing it's more accurate to say blow in than sucked in but whatever).

Interested in the opinions of those with more scooby TMIC experience?

You should be periodically opening your hood anyway to check your oil and other fluids.

You should be periodically opening your hood anyway to check your oil and other fluids.

That would void the warranty.....

I pop the hood once in a while to remove any leaves and other debris. It's amazing what can get in there.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

Archived