Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (https://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fourth Generation Legacy (2005 - 2009) (https://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Thank God for AWD... pics inside (https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198374)

specialB 12-25-2012 02:41 PM

people here on long island are professionals at driving side by side at the same speed blocking up all the rest of the world who wants to make use of the left lane. I personally hate driving close to anybody, especially semi's. I've been in close proximity to many highway bad weather accidents but far enough away to keep myself out of the mess. I kind of like that my 06 has no traction aids other than AWD and my user input. all these electronics and aids and automatic parallel parking aids is just making it easier for people who shouldnt really be driving in the first place to keep on doing so. One of the reasons I'm not a fan of the GT-R as sexy as it is.

nightspeed98 12-25-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specialB (Post 4218652)
I'm not a fan of the GT-R

i was with you until that line. ONLY AT I would LOVE to own.

nightspeed98 12-25-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by root_galaxy (Post 4218252)
[=nightspeed98;4218222]Please tell me that wasn't an 09 that you got in the last 6 months or so.

Picked it up not even 2 months ago...:mad:
Funny story is last two new cars I've bought I've been crashed in to within 3 months of ownership, none my fault. My first car then I picked up an Evo X last year and that one was totaled. Everyone keeps telling me to quit buying cars :lol:[/QUOTE]

my 09 was hit 3 times in the first 3 months. 1st time was completely stationary at a light and hit by old lady, second parked at post office by a 17 year old kid within 1 week from last one, 3rd backing out of spot lady hit me again (i was already out of my spot and switching to 1st.).

root_galaxy 12-25-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightspeed98 (Post 4218829)
Picked it up not even 2 months ago...:mad:
Funny story is last two new cars I've bought I've been crashed in to within 3 months of ownership, none my fault. My first car then I picked up an Evo X last year and that one was totaled. Everyone keeps telling me to quit buying cars :lol:

my 09 was hit 3 times in the first 3 months. 1st time was completely stationary at a light and hit by old lady, second parked at post office by a 17 year old kid within 1 week from last one, 3rd backing out of spot lady hit me again (i was already out of my spot and switching to 1st.).[/QUOTE]

Oh man, talk about some bad luck! All different spots? And I agree with you about the GT-R, I had that dual clutch auto tranny in my Evo X and those shifts are instant, no manual can shift the way that dual clutch tranny can. I believe shifts are made in under .1 secs possibly even .05 secs but don't quote me on that.

nightspeed98 12-26-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by root_galaxy (Post 4218932)
my 09 was hit 3 times in the first 3 months. 1st time was completely stationary at a light and hit by old lady, second parked at post office by a 17 year old kid within 1 week from last one, 3rd backing out of spot lady hit me again (i was already out of my spot and switching to 1st.).

Oh man, talk about some bad luck! All different spots? And I agree with you about the GT-R, I had that dual clutch auto tranny in my Evo X and those shifts are instant, no manual can shift the way that dual clutch tranny can. I believe shifts are made in under .1 secs possibly even .05 secs but don't quote me on that.

1st hit was in the opposite end of the state, the other 2 within 3 miles of home.

root_galaxy 12-27-2012 10:02 AM

So just a little update, received a quote on the damage and it's going to be a little over $3K in damages. I took it to a body shop where my friend works and he's going to help me do some additional work on it while it's there, Installing a WRX front lip and a JDM trunk spoiler as well as putting a Gloss coat on my black O.Z. Ultraleggera Rims and smoking the tail lights just a touch.

garudatwo 12-27-2012 10:37 AM

Yikes, it's hard to imagine how the other driver got off so easily judging only from your pics. On the plus side it's going to be taken care of by a friend, who'll probably do a better job on your car than a random local shop.

root_galaxy 12-27-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garudatwo (Post 4220711)
Yikes, it's hard to imagine how the other driver got off so easily judging only from your pics. On the plus side it's going to be taken care of by a friend, who'll probably do a better job on your car than a random local shop.

No doubt, He's really good at what he does. He's really in to the lowrider scene and has won so many awards it's not even funny. (Yes i know, totally different from our scene:rolleyes:) but his work is next to perfect. He used to have his own shop but he got tired of all the BS from his employee's and them not doing the quality work he would do so he's doing it at a different shop now. I wouldn't trust my car to anyone else and I know I can rely on his work. :spin::spin:

Xplosivo1 12-27-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by root_galaxy (Post 4212613)
So I was heading to take my dad to get surgery on his knee today...

I don't understand how all these people are blaming the OP for this...tinted tail lights, his fuel door, being out on the road with women and dodge trucks?!?

This is clearly his dad's fault, if he didn't hurt is knee back in 1970 playing football with Al Bundy the OP could have been at home drinking some hot chocolate while watching youtube fail videos instead of driving to the surgery center! Just sayin'

boxkita 12-27-2012 04:00 PM

^^^ Trolling for his 10 post min

Xplosivo1 12-27-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxkita (Post 4221235)
^^^ Trolling for his 10 post min

10, are you kidding?!? I'm trying to catch you...