LegacyGT.com

Infamous flashing lights

So early today I left my house high of 18...drove about ten minutes then all of a sudden s cruise and check engine started flashing I pulled over ran it for codes and came up leAn bank one.i cleared the code and it hasn't come back, the car drives fine..I stage one with Cobb ap..I read the thread about this but it was a different code for that person..this is the first time this has happened..did it happene because it just very cold out and te car wasn't warmed up yet or is something else wrong?

Does your car have many miles on it? Do you have any old or dried out vacuum hoses?

Really cold temps can play havoc with those sorts of things; sometimes they'll contract so much that they pull themselves off of various fittings. I'd pay especially close attention to the little, easy to disturb hoses that run from the intake to the evap system.

It seems like O2 sensors are usually pretty long lived on these engines. When those fail they often either throw a low input code for the sensor itself, or you see oscillation- both lean and rich codes. At least that has been my experience with WRXs. Then again, you never know.

It's worth a look. It could have been a freak issue, but these engines and ECUs are pretty good about speaking up via the CEL when there is a real, traceable problem.

It has about 98000 on it..this past oc I checked around for dried out hoses n everything seemed to look good..this morn it was 4 out when I left I let the car warm up till te blue light when out..I never do that I kno it's not good for the engine but just wanted to see if it made a difference..everything was fine this morn no lights and was driving like it always does no new sounds or anything..ill have to check all the hoses again when I get out of work

Archived