LegacyGT.com

Future problems caused by excessive clutch chatter?

Nolmers06LGT

After the traditional TOB failure, I decided to upgrade the clutch to the ACT HDSS kit, along with the ACT Streetlite FW. I'm about 3k into the new clutch, and I'm still seeing quite a bit of clutch chatter into 1st gear. It typically only happens in traffic, but I'm a little concerned about the long-term consequences of my entire engine/tranny shaking violently. Also, there is a new "clunk" that happens occasionally as the clutch is engaging. I'm speculating that it's my slave cylinder actuating, however I'm trying to rule out that my clutch is coming apart. Has anyone heard noises like this?

PS.. during the clutch swap I also installed the GroupN pitch stop, tranny mounts, crossmember bushings, and new shifter bushings around. I'm speculating that the sound could be a failed stock motor mount, but I'm not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

When the clutch chatters, put tranny in neutral, side step the clutch letting the pedal bang to the top.

That solved the issue with my Spec 2+. My Spec 2 clutch has never chattered in the 7000+ miles it's been in.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived