LegacyGT.com

WSP Insisted on towing my car without a flat bed HELP

Stevethecat

Hey guys I need help dealing with legality of how WSP dealt with an accident. Tonight my GF, who was listed as the driver of my 98 legacy gt, was involved on an accident on I5 tonight, WSP responded and insisted on having thier tow truck remove the vehicle from the free way. My gf did inform them that the insurance would tow the car and they still refused. The tow truck they called was not a flat bed and towed the car with two wheels on the road. Do I have any legal grounds to pursue the costs of the vehicle being impounded and the damage done by the tow truck that was insisted upon by the trooper?

• 2 weeks later...

First you have to determine if any damage was done. Have a Subaru dealer inspect the car for damage and give you a repair estimate. No damage, no claim.

Second, and it pains me to say this as former LE, file an Internal Affairs complaint with WSP. Let them do an investigation. If the trooper violated their internal policies it will make a claim much easier to get settled, possibly without having to pay an attorney at all. In effect, you are forcing WSP to do a great deal of the discovery process for you at no cost to you.

After you have the estimate and WSP's report on the IA incident then you can decide how to go forward.

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

Archived