LegacyGT.com

Lets see those pictures of your lowered Legacy!!!

I am hoping to get pictures of what they look like lowered.

What I am looking for is slammed, I know this sounds like a total d-bag thread but I am looking for low! I am trying to get ideas for my budget build for my DD. Input on the setup, how you like it, yada yada. I am going for a "slammed" look on it so any help would be great.

Post your suspension with pictures.

Thanks,

Brandon

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha lemme find a pic when i was coilovers haha but here i am now wrx kyb gr2's and ebachi pro kits

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/djkool707/DSC_0352-1-3.jpg

yeah im not slammed but ill find that picture haha time to search

Hard to justify the gap. I am considering running a coilover. I am not too sure though

thats the best way to go. finding the rite combo yourself takes a lot of understanding of spring rates, dampening rates, bump stops, well there is a lot that a coilover has built in.+ you have adjustabilitation:)

yeah deals are out there, I picked up my stance lx's for 800 used with less than 100 miles from a guy who bought it for track but hated how they really arent "adjustable adjustable" but there are some such as Godspeed coils that go well below 800 mainly because they are for looks. If your going to be doing some real track/autocross events you might want to go with something such as megans or tiens.

ebay, nasioc/iclub and other wrx forums will have them you gotta look

Godspeeds for under 600 I seen these in use for street/looks i dont reccoment them from track/tuning

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GODSPEED-02-03-04-05-06-wrx-type-ss-coilover-suspension_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2557c44cecQQitemZ160386272492QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3917wt_1042

and the Stances, they give or take a grand you just need to look lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STANCE-LX-COILOVERS-SUSPENSION-SUBARU-WRX-02-07-STI-04_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem48376e981aQQitemZ310167640090QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3222wt_939

Thanks bud. The whole GD Impreza to BG Legacy coilover thing has me at a loss. Conflicting information everywhere. I've read they cleanly bolt on and also read that you need new tophats etc.

I'm sorry I need this explained like a dummy but..

You gave the link for a 02-07 wrx/04 STI. Do any coilovers for that car bolt right onto the BG legacy wagon? And ya, I'm doing this just for looks. Godspeeds (from what I read on the internets) aren't the greatest. I'd rather pay a bit more for Stance. Seems like only the hardcore track guys aren't on board with Stance products. While the ones who drive them on the streets (me, eventually) love them.

Thanks for the help. WESTcoast, can you post some pics of your car?

Yea I am curious as well!! I was looking at the Godspeeds just due to the fact of being budget and being super cheap on the car and not caring about the performance side of things. Just the look. Even buying the Godspeed coilovers I'm spending well over half of what i paid for the car.

Thanks bud. The whole GD Impreza to BG Legacy coilover thing has me at a loss. Conflicting information everywhere. I've read they cleanly bolt on and also read that you need new tophats etc.

I'm sorry I need this explained like a dummy but..

You gave the link for a 02-07 wrx/04 STI. Do any coilovers for that car bolt right onto the BG legacy wagon? And ya, I'm doing this just for looks. Godspeeds (from what I read on the internets) aren't the greatest. I'd rather pay a bit more for Stance. Seems like only the hardcore track guys aren't on board with Stance products. While the ones who drive them on the streets (me, eventually) love them.

Thanks for the help. WESTcoast, can you post some pics of your car?

I'll help clear up the confusion lol

Most impreza's and all wrx(02-06 but go with 02-07) suspension such as struts will bolt on our car no problem. whiteline makes sway bars for our cars look em up. and Strut bars will take a combination of GC and WRX ones not too sure on that. Just remember sedan suspension to sedan and wagon to wagon. reason i say this is that you want the correct balance and wagons have different rear struts to support that extra weight and prevent but sag.

But in your case the coils i sent you will bolt on your car no problem and if you have a wagon with these coils you will need to adjust them so you dont have butt sag.

Yea Godspeed makes great sway bars and what not but from reviews the coilovers should just stay for looks. Stance is ok track wise but street they are excellent on comfort. Track guys frown upon these just cause thier track guys. But for regular driving these are an excellent buy if you just want to be dumped and thats it. I had trouble finding a review for the product other than ppl giving it the thumbs down but here are some thumbs up on it

http://www.floridadrift.com/viewtopic.php?t=19112&sid=b793ee83e441ac6fcf0b09ed6d114406

Any my car is nothing special haha, right now its a dalmatian due the dirt and rain lol. But all my work has been suspension and brakes and less focus on the engine lol. but here you go

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/djkool707/fun%20with%20rob%20and%20norm/100_2818.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs166.snc1/6214_141054104902_541364902_3389448_3077183_n.jpg

and the only pic with coils on and i dont even look loww hahaha

http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs166.snc1/6214_137258849902_541364902_3325816_7081449_n.jpg

WESTcoast, you are the man. There are a lot of threads that die off after someone, like me, asks a newb question. Thanks for taking the time in answering.

Looks like I'll be going with Stance in the summer. I have a couple months to research new coils. But at least now I know for sure that GD coils will fit.

I live in Toronto. Alot of our roads are garbage. I think I'd like that nice ride. I realize lowering your ride has the adverse effect. Stance will make it less crappy I guess.

Car looks nice and clean. All you have to worry about it dirt and rain. Try snow, ice and the accompanying salt on top of that.

Thanks again.

WESTcoast, you are the man. There are a lot of threads that die off after someone, like me, asks a newb question. Thanks for taking the time in answering.

Looks like I'll be going with Stance in the summer. I have a couple months to research new coils. But at least now I know for sure that GD coils will fit.

I live in Toronto. Alot of our roads are garbage. I think I'd like that nice ride. I realize lowering your ride has the adverse effect. Stance will make it less crappy I guess.

Car looks nice and clean. All you have to worry about it dirt and rain. Try snow, ice and the accompanying salt on top of that.

Thanks again.

Thanks Chromehorn it means alot! Dont worry I was in the same position asking newb question there were people would were happy to answer my questions fully and i appreciated it and I dont mind doing the same in return.

coilovers dont give you the best ride quality as with way firmer than lowering springs and day and night between stock. If your like me and have to deal with a 30mi commute, Id suggest a strut and lowering spring setup. But iono i got use to it everyone who rode with me hated it for long trips haha plus i also had a 24mm rear sway bar which made add to the discomfort haha

Archived