LegacyGT.com

Leaking a lot of oil in my 2005 GT Turbo . PCV valve ?

Consuming a lot of oil 1/2 qt every 100 miles. There are also random oil spots on my engine cover and some on my battery . I think it's a clogged PCV valve. No engine noise, turbo is working fine, no smoke out of the car. Etc. I just need some help.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

the service manual may help.

You can remove the tmic and that may help you get to the PCV. If it rattles its ok. Some have had to replace there's.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I doubt it's your PCV as it's on the opposite side of the engine from your battery and below the cover. It would be everywhere if the PCV valve were dislodged/missing -not to mention the fact that the car would run like shit.

Chances are you've got a gasket leak, dipstick filler tube leak, or a blown turbo/oil supply line

Take pics of the oil in the intercooler. A little bit of oil is normal. Pull the PCV hoses and see how oily they are if you think the valve is the culprit. Oil is lost in a few different ways but PCV injestion is one of them. If you aren't leaving puddles, it's being burned off in 1 way or another and hopefully it's not past your rings and just through a faulty PCV valve.

Archived