LegacyGT.com

Losing stereo presets on super cold nights issue

Bad Chariot

The last 2 nights have been like almost 0 degrees out and when I get in the car in the morning I have lost my stereo presets. I was thinking its the battery but the car fires right over. Its the same battery the car came with and I have 91k miles on it so it could be the battery BUT its only happening on the super cold nights (this is the 4th time this winter).

Now my drivers front speaker has been cutting in/out alot too...mostly out the last month. Do you think I have a loose connection in the back somewhere causing these issues?

Thanks

Mike

If the battery can start your car without struggling, it's not dead enough to lose your presets.

The speaker issue is possibly related, but only if the main harness on the back of the stereo is loose.

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

The stock batteries suck. You have to get one with more CCA's. Not just a direct oem replacement. Its a common problem, and it is certainly the battery giving you the issue with the loss of presets.

Its funny, every year during the first really cold spell these threads start.

Archived