LegacyGT.com

15K - both foglights cracked

82DMC12

Hey everyone, I have an 08 Legacy 2.5i limited. At about 12K, my driver's side foglight lens cracked. I didn't worry about it because I figured I would just mention it the next time I am at the dealer. At around 15K, I noticed the passenger side lens also cracked. I just got back from the dealer for an oil change. They said they didn't see any rock chips so they will replace both lamps under warranty. Is this a common problem, or just a fluke? I hope they aren't that fragile and this will be become a recurring problem. Andy

• 7 years later...
I'm in that spot. My '10 Forester XT w/Weather Pkg., at 30K miles, has both of those clear lenses all cracked-up. There is no visible evidence of rock chippage. This is also very recent as I had cleaned them by hand only a short couple of summer months before. Will SOA replace them? If this is a recurring theme due to some known cause (i.e., thermal?) then why no TSB?

I realize this is a quasi old thread, but thought I'd mention when I bought my '08 used both fog lights lenses were broken. I was puzzled because there weren't any other signs of stone damage to the front of the car. I found it statistically unlikely that this would happen. I replaced both lights with aftermarket (much cheaper, see Rock Auto) and neither have cracked in several years.

Archived