LegacyGT.com

2.2 miles/tank?

I was wondering if anyone has ever ran til they were out of gas or close to it with there 2.2. I have a 96 and a 95 and i have never even had the fuel light on cause once it hits E i fill it up. They both hit E around 300 to 350 miles which always turns out to be 10 gallons. How much further can i go before i need to fill it up.

:spin:

PS; I know the tank is 15.9 gallons

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The idiot light will come on a little below the E, and I think you have 2.0 gallons left at that point, according to the owner's manual. I'll bet, though, that there is more than that left, just for safety reasons. I've never let my 96 Brighton run out, but I often get the idiot light 'cuz I'm too lazy to go gas it up. The most I've ever put in is 14.68 gallons.

First time the light ever came on in my 91 was a few weeks ago.

Fuel filter was clogged, and I don't use the gas gauge (inconsistent reading) so I judge fuel level by my tripmeter. Turns out I was about 10mpg crappier thanks to the clogged filter, and next thing I know, the light goes on. Filled it back up, and it took like 13 gal.

I've gone about 450 miles before, put in 15 gallons even, so I'd ballpark a little under 500 miles for a tank. question: where do you find the fuel filter on a 98 2.2/does it even have one? I'm just learning about fuel lines and the filters, and it'd definitely help me out.

I ran my Subaru till I only had .4 gallons left in the tank. When I filled up it took 15.5 gallons. I was only at 295 miles I think... But it was during the winter so It wasn't the best mileage... During the summer I can squeeze 23-25 mpg 80% city 20% highway. I have the 2.5 though.

thanks bdubs!

you might want to check the gas tank gauge contacts; those could give you a faulty reading. if yours is a 16 gallon tank, there's something wrong...mine has the same problem, but I have yet to fix it haha.

finally got the nerve to run til the light came on and turns out 425miles til it turns on:lol: stopped to fill it up only 14 gallons

My 2.2 96 Legacy will have the low gas light come on at around 260 miles. Then it will top off with 11.5~12 gallons of gas.

^^^you light is supposed to turn on at 2 gallons left and you tank is a 15.9 might wanna check that out

thanks guys for all the help

My low fuel light doesn't come on until I'm on E. It is weird, or it will go on and off as it pleases when I get really low.

And yeah I love the 2.5 (except for the headgasket problem)! Idk if I could go with out the 20 more hp because I already hate that the car only has 165 hp! My car feels a lot faster when I'm driving it but when I watched a video I took of my acceleration it looks a lot slower!

The numbers in this thread make my wallet sad. I get about 250 miles out of a tank with my 2.5. Then again, its my run around car so thats basically all city, and it still beets the 12mpg my Jeep gets. :lol:

like a 2.5 ;)?

hehe damn your gaskets

im getting like 470km/ tank but in miles i done think its that good

exactly! how did you know?? :spin:

ok, maybe I'm taking for granted the mileage that the 2.2 puts out...but it's underpowered truly. too many gear changes, strained noises, and on and on. but one day, I'm gonna just top her off, throw a 5gal tank in the back, and cruise on the highway for awhile. maybe to maine. hopefully there will be a gas station around when I go this summer!

I'm at 261 miles right now and I'm 3 marks above empty. I'm doing pretty good on this tank! The 2.5 isn't that fast either but it is pretty good, my mom was driving MY car and had it up to 110 mph in no time. I haven't even gone that fast in MY car! I can pass pretty easily when I go to the bigger cities and I'm on a 2 lane highway. It was better when the aftermarket cone air filter but it made my car hum really loud when it was idling and I like my car to be silent so I bought the regular air box for it at a junkyard and got it put in my car.

When does the gas change from the winter blend to the summer stuff? That will help too...

Do they do that with gas? I know they do with diesel, but I haven't heard of summer and winter gasoline.

That does remind me though, I need to switch my tires over to summer air this weekend.

Archived