LegacyGT.com

Better Braking

I'm proud to own a 2004 and 2008 Legacy! I love every thing about them, but also understand their limits. One limit I've been fighting against is the feel of the brakes.

I'm about to install Power Slot roters and StopTech performance pads in the front (already installed in the rear). Everyone has told me to also try installing steel braided brake lines. Unfortunately, I've only found lines for the GT. So, this leads to two questions:

Will the GT brake lines fit my N/A Legacy? If not, does anyone make steel lines for non GT?

Any help/advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

-Mike-

Good to know gt lines will fit.

I never thought of using gt roters and callipers...is that something I should go oem, or could I do one if stoptech's big brake kits?

Thanks for the info!

There are a number of rotors out there now.

Contact Mike at AZPinstalls.com or m sprank if your on the left coast.

Either one can help guide you through the process.

Both of them help out here for free, might as well give them your business.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

OEM LGT calipers and rotors are a good upgrade, one of the favourite mods I've done. Although you'll get more stopping power, it won't change much of the mushy feel. Used sets show up in the classifieds pretty often since lots of LGT owners upgrade to STI Brembo.

Archived