LegacyGT.com

After purchase - switch to Outback?

If you own an 05 or later LGT, have you thought about switching to an Outback?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. If you own an 05 or later LGT, have you thought about switching to an Outback?

• Yes
    • No

Yes have thought about it. My dad has the 2.5 XT and its a great mix of power, handling, and ground clearnace. I have taken that thing out in some crazy stuff and its done really well. I love to go camping so it might be a third car for me. Maybe one day at least LOL

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

I have an Outback so I can't really comment... I think that if I was to do it again I would purchase a Legacy wagon. At the time I thought that ground clearance would be nice and that the handling would be comprable to my last Outback, but in fact it is worse. If the Outback had firmer suspension and less body roll, it would be the perfect mix between everythng it is meant to be. However, on long road trips I do find that the handling and braking is not up to par with the power, and while that may be ok once you get to the campsite, it isn't ok while you are on the highway.
absolutely agree!

My thinking was the same, but found that the handling was so far off par from the power available that it's kinda silly. I'd like to have some of the clearance back now that I've switched to Tokico's & Ions, but the improved handling 99% of the time far outweighs the 1% needs when I get to the forest service roads.

Did you just replace struts/shocks/springs? How much did it lower it? I guess it's still not on par with Legacy due to other differences in the suspension. Right?

Did you just replace struts/shocks/springs? How much did it lower it? I guess it's still not on par with Legacy due to other differences in the suspension. Right?

Lowered it a lot - looks like a LGT on ions. You know I've heard about subtle differences in the suspension like subframe spacers, but I can't see how there's any real difference between what I'm in now & any other LGT wagon.

Or did you mean car pics? :lol:

I'll see what I can find.

EDIT - ok, that was supposed to be funny, then I'd post a couple car shots. Except I can't find any car shots. And the camera's down.

So just know it looks like any other LGT wagon sitting on Ion springs, the back's not quite as low since I did the HD springs in rear.

The roads are EFFING horrible in the bay area so I have thought about how life would be different with an outback. But i couldn't live with the two tone paint BS and that means i would've had to get black or champagne. Black would be acceptable but I also live in SoCal in the summer so that would be a negatory captain.

;712421']I love it when people who should've been held back in grammar school attempt to lead discussions here.

You should perhaps take this up with boxxerace? This thread is the converse of: http://legacygt.com/forums/subaru-outback/34964-after-owning-outback-ould.html

After owning an Outback, have you rethought about going to a LegacyGT sedan/wagon instead? Give me your arguements for yeah or neigh.
  1. Yes
  2. No

Who Dares Wins

スバル

So just know it looks like any other LGT wagon sitting on Ion springs, the back's not quite as low since I did the HD springs in rear.

You really should post pics of your OBXT because as far as i can tell you are the ONLY one that's done springs and shocks from a LGT and have been happy with the results while everyone else has gone the coilover route. I am extremely curious how low you are.

Ye God, why would I go from a car wagon that can handle to a wagon that tips? Are you MAD? Even if I drove an automatic I wouldn't commit such heresy.

Ground clearance? How the hell often do you need more gc even on dirt roads? Or am I talking to a totally different market here?

You really should post pics of your OBXT because as far as i can tell you are the ONLY one that's done springs and shocks from a LGT and have been happy with the results while everyone else has gone the coilover route. I am extremely curious how low you are.

OK then, nite shots, not great. The pics don't reflect it, but I can get two fingers in the front wheel well over the tire, and 1.5 in the rear. It looks lower in the pics than it is.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/Boulderguy10/IMG_3123-1.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/Boulderguy10/IMG_3122.jpg

Archived