LegacyGT.com

Any body flip thier legacy at 70MPH yet?

rubber side up = very bad

rubber side down = good

Just because someone survives a 70mph flip doesn't mean you will unless you flipped the car in exactly the same circumstances.

Oh yeah i know that i was just wondering if the legacy's were as strong as the WRX with the rex having rally roots

wife was driving our 98 outback loaded to the gills (me, 2 kids, camping gear, rocket box plus 3 bikes on top. She drifted off the side road, over-corrected, spun the car 180 degrees doing 75 miles an hour, crossed the median, then oncomming traffic, then down an embankment sideways. The car didn't flip untill it got to the bottom of the embankment before it flipped.

Didn't even break the windsheild, we all walked away fine.

Considering that the car didn't flip when she over corrected, my hat is off to Subaru considering all the other 4x4 SUVs stability issues out there.

Then seeing the structural rigidity of the pilars first hand I've got little doubt that the Legy would proform well.

Well that freaked me out. Never flipping a BD generation. At least they can stand up to a side or front impact.

So BE/BH got the reinforced pillars like BL/BP ?

Firemen have trouble cutting the pillars with anything. Saws, jaws of life, etc... Whatever Subaru did during the redesign worked. Its one tough biatch now.

it's a rally-inspired car, why wouldnt it be safe? if you want to be more safe, put in a roll cage.. Subarus have a whole bunch of reinforcements in the side pillars (from 7 layers of steel with a steel rod core in the middle):

Subaru Drive Magazine: Summer 2004

http://www.drivesubaru.com/Sum06/WhatsInside/CrossSection_Photo.jpg

A B-pillar from a Forester involved in a collision shows eight layers of high-strength, high-tension steel.

yea, it's like having a pseudo-roll cage without actually seeing the bars.

Keefe

A guy at work flipped his WRX back in Dec or so cant remember when and he quit so can't ask him but him and his 6 year old son walked away with minor bruises. He wasn't speeding or anything like that there was an accident on the interstate and he was hit a certain way to cause the car to flip. He said it flipped 3 times before it stopped. He said he's going to buy subaru's the rest of his life now.

i flipped my wrx (well, my friend was driving) @ 75... sideways into an embankment. bounced 5 times, had 11 impact burns on my seatbelt... and i walked away. well, sorta. i crawled but that was because i had to jump off the drivers side rear door into the dark of night while a PT cruiser came flying past us (we landed in the #2lane of a 2 lane freeway) and hit the ground on my face.

i had bruised ribs, broken nose+concussion (i was reclined and faced planted into the B pillar), cuts on my left hand from breaking the oshit bar... driver had a gash in his head from where the Valentine nailed him (the only funny part of the accident) and that was it.

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

Archived