LegacyGT.com

Help-Headlights Out

SneakyFast

Last night when I was driving home I had both of my headlights go out on me. Thankfully I was on a well lit offramp and very close to home.

When I got it home I checked the fuses and everything seemed to be fine. I have an Apexcone HID retro (with battery harness) that has been installed for about 6 months now with no issues. The DRLs have been disabled. Neither the fuse on the battery harness or the 20 amp "lighting" fuse in the under hood fuse box were blown. The high beams, fogs, parking lamps and turn signals all work.

I'm pretty confident that I wired the HIDs correctly as they worked with no issues for months. What else should I check? I'm hoping I don't have to rip out my HIDs and go back to replacing light bulbs every 6 months... Help...

...dont check your fuses by just eyeing it use a fuse checker...second unplug your ballast from oem connection and power the kit straight from the battery.

The passenger side should be easier for you to do this test, especially if you have a CAI! If the HID powers up: its not you ballast, igniter or bulb! It could be a number of things: fuse, relay, short, switch, ect. If it doesnt turn on: it could be you ballast, igniter or bulb!

Hope this helps,

CRAZY KEN

...both hid assembly are bad...ouch...I have them on my car now! WORRYING!!!

CRAZY KEN

Yeah, it was a little crazy. I'm not sure I'm going to reinstall another kit. I'm just lucky the lights went out on a well lit offramp and not the dark mountain highway I commute 5 days a week.

Archived