LegacyGT.com

Angel Eyes!

SC GT

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those look pretty nice. Translating the page I get this.

System 1: ship your headlights, they install eagle eyes, ship back, cost $534

System 2: ship your headlights, they install all new lenses, ship back, cost $846

System 3: they ship whole new headlight assemblies, cost $2186

.o0O0o.

You can make your own, you know. Here is how we make them for Integras. You just need to heat up an acrylic rod (curtain rods work great) and then use a dremmel to cut the lines in. Run two LEDs on either end of the rod and wire them to your park lamps. If you are comfortable baking the headlight to pop the cover off (follow the same instructions that you would if you were clearing the corners) then this is an easy mod. It just takes the balls to bake the headlights (which I don't have).

The big problem with this mod is that you won't really be able to see them when the headlights are on anyway. It looks cool on BMWs because the halo is around the high beam as well as the low beam. Once you turn on the headlight I think halos on our cars would wash out with the rest of the light. Actually, there is a picture of it. You can't hardly tell there are halos on at all.

http://tara555.hp.infoseek.co.jp/picture/CCFL/CCFL%20ver.2-23.jpg

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

That $2000 price is only if you want to just buy new assemblies with the halos already installed. Still, that is waaaaaaaay more than new assemblies will cost and waaaaaaaaay more than it costs to manufacuter these suckers. I've seen some really mechanically challenged people make these and have them work out just fine. You just need something good to bend the acrylic rod around. These have an interesting curve that doesn't look completely round, but I'm sure something could be sorted that would work. I'll bet I could make sets of these for less than $20 in materials. The LEDs are the most expensive part of the project if you want really bright ones. They could cost you a whole couple bucks per bulb. :eek

OCDETAILS BLOG

www.umnitza.com

They have been doing them for a while for the BMW's (upgrade) as well as the IS300. The kits are usually around $200. You install them yourself. I'm sure if there is enough interest, they can make em for the LGT. Thats how the ones for the IS300 got started (IS300.NET). All they really have to do is make the ring and everything else they already have that will work from their other kits.

nah... LEDs aren't going to generate that much heat. The angel eyes work similar to fiber optic lights. The light shows up by scoring the surface of an acrylic ring. The light is generated by two relatively cool LEDs that couldn't generate enough heat to melt butter.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Guest *Jedimaster*
I'd be all over doing it- it looks simple enough. I just wonder how the things would be attached inside the light. I don't want any ugly hardware showing and I don't want to have to take the lights out again and open them up if the halos came off :lol:

Archived