LegacyGT.com

MR coilovers on 05 OB LL Bean

-DK-

First off, hi. LGT newbie here.

After doing some google searching, I was led to these forums. After some initial reading and recommendations, I decided on the MR coilovers for my 05 OB LLB.

I received and installed them last week, and aligned the car. I tried my best to retain stock ride height, but it may be about 1/2" lower. My desire was purely to get rid of the stock piece of crap suspension. I was tired of having the rear end bottom on everything, even with no load in the car. The brake dive and handling were also horrible. All that has since been resolved <where's the thumbs up smilie?> :mad:

So the problem I'm having now is the front end seems to bottom out really easily. How much travel to these things have? It feels like 2". If I roll over a speed bump at about 10MPH, when the car comes down the back side of the bump, I can feel the suspension compress, then it abruptly comes to an end with a hard bang feeling. Can this bottoming be adjusted, or is it just the coil coming to the max compression point? Or are the internals doing the bottoming, and how bad is it for the car as a whole?

note, by bottoming out I mean the suspension is no longer compressing, not that the car is hitting the ground.

I also have a little bit of red grease coming from the bottom of the front left one. I called MR, and they said it's normal...

The front coilovers are set at 32 right now, but I didn't notice any difference between them being at 16 or 32.

Thanks

DK

So I took a look at them this evening. It looks like the left front has a crack in it now too!

I'm almost afraid to drive this thing.

It looks like the suspension will travel about 2" from where it's at, which is what would be causing my bottoming problem.

Here's some pics.

IMG_2279.thumb.jpg.048fe9df4d0596fd288e7e2e9137fcad.jpg

IMG_2281.thumb.jpg.d998eb48cdd6180887e0f27867cbe65d.jpg

IMG_2282.thumb.jpg.a37002affe64371781ff88f5014db798.jpg

IMG_2284.thumb.jpg.6c057762dab32667e96ffb05032e1e2c.jpg

IMG_2286.thumb.jpg.3c4a958308427baa645244b27cda636f.jpg

Archived