LegacyGT.com

Attn: 05 LGT owners & FHI 4 pot onwers

Gator GT

Hi. Wondering if anyone who owns an 05 Legacy GT (with original 5 spoke rims, 17x7) & knows of someone who has the Subaru (non-Brembos) 4pot front brakes to get together and find out if the wheel will clear these brakes?

My feeling is yes, but I'd like good ol' fashioned trial and error fit & finish to give the answer before I spring on a set of these rims. I've found that the offset should allow them to fit because of this link:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=436066&highlight=legacy+4pot

but since they have different spoke cross-cut sections, I'd still like to see if the actual LGT 5spoke wheel fits over said calipers.

Your findings would be greatly appreciated. http://forums.nasioc.com/ubb-files/smilies/biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance for your contribution.

I originally posted this on NASIOC, and someone suggested that I ask over here. Already done a search, and all I found was the mention that the 4pots were a downgrade for the LGT; understandably so.

GGT

EDIT: 27-MAR-05 - After a very gracious fitting session with JayBay (NASIOC), I found out that the 05 LGT 5 spoke rims DO FIT over Subaru FHI 4 pot brakes!!

I was waiting to snap some pics, but haven't been able to acquire a set....yet. I did bring a camera but got caught up in the excitement and didn't think of it at the time. DOH!

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

The calipers should fit inside the wheels, but I'm not sure if the mounting points are the same. I think you'd need to use the smaller 11.4" rotors instead of our larger 12.3 or 12.4" rotors.

The benefit would being allowing you to use smaller 16x7 or wider wheels for winter or such with little degredation in brake performance.

Jaxx - even though the wheel is 17x7, its the offset and the spokes that are the point of wonder. The RS rims are known to clear them, but it has a 53 offset and the spokes 'swing' out around the calipers.

sube555 - I realized that I couldn't upgrade to the larger rotors in keeping with the FHI 4pots. And being able to use the 01 RS rim for winter is a bene at least for me.

Keefe - thats why the investigation. monovich (NASIOC) bought some BL/BP JDM rims (18x7, +55mm) that fit over his FHI 4pots. Seeing as your OEM rims are 17x7 and 55mm, the only variable left (rotor convo already taken care of) are the spokes.

Thanks,

GGT

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

yeah.. but the 18x7s also fit over the brembos ... not a great compairison

are stock rims +53 .. they should be ..

my 93 is up in the air (i need to bleed the brakes) other wise i could measure the spacing inbetween the caliper and spokes

i also have a set of 00 RS rims (will clear) i guess i could measure both rims and see what we get

I thought stock rims (I'm assuming that you mean 05 LGT US rims) I've read from numberous people that they are 55mm offset. I'd love if they were 53, that'd mean its a better chance of working.

Thanks Jaxx, I appreciate whatever you can find.

anyone else in the meantime?

GGT

i took a look today

it shoudl fit just fine

i made a template on the 6 spoke RS rim

and there was more than a 1/4 of an inch of room to spare

i put the wheel on and there is greater than an inch between the caliper and the spoke

So you put your LGT rim on your WRX with 4pots and they cleared?

(I was confused with the template and RS rim talk)

Just want to clarify before I get to the top of my local hill and start shouting.....

Thanks Jaxx. Appreciate your measuring and time.

I'm still a person who likes the tried and true...hey it fit....or...hey the wheel got caught on the caliper.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived