LegacyGT.com

SPT V2 Exhaust and Cobb Sways; Yes I have it. No I don't.

Sephon

SPT V2 Exhaust and Cobb Sways  

25 members have voted

1. 1. SPT V2 Exhaust and Cobb Sways

• Yes I have them installed.
    • No, I don't.
    • I want to.

Never did hear anything on this one. After asking this question over and over. I ended up getting some new Progress sways (real cheap) to go with my SPT v2 catback. I installed AVO stout mounts and the adjustable Progress RSB with Perring endlinks and it fit fine with no clearance issues on either side and there is no clunk or bottoming out. The front parts went in smooth too.

So... SPTv2 + AVO RSB Mounts + Progress 23mm RSB + Perrin Endlinks = Good Clean Fit W/ No Contact or Noise

We need to start list like that.

Let's kick this pig!

VTGT, there has not been any reports of clearance issues with the Cobb sways and SPT exhaust. I asked Jeremy of King Of Parts (before he left) to do some research for me before I bought the sways. All is well in the land of cobb sways and SPT V2 exhaust.

• 1 month later...

Yes, I had the SPT CBE and COBB RSB installed on the LGT. They were sold and now are on an 07 Spec B.

very dirty car:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/trdvibe/SPT%20Exhaust%20Install%20Jan%2027%2007/CIMG0427.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/trdvibe/SPT%20Exhaust%20Install%20Jan%2027%2007/CIMG0430.jpg

and on the Spec B

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88797

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone subscribed to this thread happen to know if it is possible to mate SPT mufflers to stock y-pipe on a sedan?

I am thinking it has got to be possible.

Does anyone subscribed to this thread happen to know if it is possible to mate SPT mufflers to stock y-pipe on a sedan?

With my experience, I was NOT able to mate my Stock mufflers to my SPT mid and Y. So inversely I would expect to NOT be able to mate up the SPT to stock mid and Y, unless as mentioned...you (or someone you know) can weld....nickel stacks.

Not gonna happen without some fabrication. The bends in the pipes of the SPT cans are basically the opposite of the stock cans/pipes. I thought about putting stock cans on the SPT y-pipe, but it's not even close. You would need to have new inlet pipes welded onto the mufflers.

Let's kick this pig!

Archived