Con's:The main foam absorber didn't fit into the bumper without cutting about 3/4 of an inch off the top. Even with hat part cut its still a tight fit. (see picture 24) This could be the wrong part? Other then that...nothing besides making your own fog light brackets...
Step 1: (This whole things really helps to have a lift, and to remove the front tires) Remove front bumper. You can easily find this in another section about how to clear your headlights...To make things easy I just put the Fenderwell's on the brakes.
Step 2: There is a bracket that holds the bumper on below the headlight on each side. Remove them. It should be 4-5 bolts and a screw.
Step 3: After You get the bolts on the side off, you will notice there are bolts on the bottom that are also holding the Main bumper beam in place. Remove those bolts to take the brackets completely off.
Step 4: As shown in the picture above take the lower bolts off the bumper beam. When they are all removed pull on the beam until it comes off. Should be fairly easy to do.
Step 5: After that is off you will notice the lower air dam for the radiator. This is easily removed by 2 pop clips and 4 bolts.
Step 6: Remove the lower bumper holder.
Step 7 (Assembly): Attach the upper bumper brackets to the car. These are the ones that go under the headlights that you removed before. They go one using the same bolts, there are 2 lower bolts that aren't used on these brackets anymore.
Step 8 (Assembly): Now attach the main JDM bumper beam to the car. Should bolt right into place. Remeber to leave the bolts loose and then tighten them to insure a good fit.
Step 9 (Assembly): Now attach the JDM lower bumper beam to the car with the bolts/popclips shown.
Step 10 (Assembly): Attach the Styrofoam and you should have something that looks like this
Step 11 (Assembly): Now get the JDM bumper and the new braces. Attach the braces using the old clips or the clips supplied. leave the top corners alone for now we will be putting bolts in there later.
Step 12 (Assembly): Before I forget you must change another bumper bracket on the side of the car. This is fairly simple, it is just a screw and it pops right in and out. Replace each side.
Step 13 (Foglight Assembly): Ah yes now for the biggest PITA...the fog light brackets. I first went to the hardware store and bought 12ga. sheet metal strips with the holes already drilled. I measured them up and started to bend, bend , and bend some more until everything lined up right. I then grinded the ends down and taped them off with foam tape I had laying around so it didnt cut any wires or my bumper. I made 4 lower brackets (2 short 2 long) for the bottom and I zip tied the top in place. I could of made a bracket for the top but that would of been a lot more time consuming. The end result is what you see here....
Step 14 (Assembly): So I then went to put the bumper on and realized it wasnt fitting right at all. after a min or two I realized that the foam was larger then the hole in the bumper cover. So to fit that I took a knife and cut about 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch off the top part of the foam. put everything back togther and it fit a lot better, still a little tight thou. I might of gotten shipped a wrong part or I did something wrong, but there was no other way I could of gotten it on.
Step 15 (Assembly): Finally I slid the bumper cover in place and after a little pushing and pulling it went right in.
Step 16 (Assembly): from here on out it was mainly putting everything back together. one problem I had was that the corner where the pop clip was supposed to go just didnt hold the bumper up high enough and left a gap...well we couldn't have that, so I took a nut and bolt and put it up in there and everything was nice and tight....just how I like it
Step 17 (Assembly): I placed the pop clips back underneath the bumper cover and continued to mount up the splash shield again. The OEM splash shield had to be trimmed in 3 placed to ensure a good fit. One place was in the middle of the car right in front due to the fact the shield was hitting part of the bumper cover underneath. I cut about 1/4 of an inch off and it went right in. There were 2 sides that were hitting the lower JDM bumper beam. All you have to do is make 2 slits in each one and everything goes right in place ( sorry I don't have pictures of this)
Like I said in the beginning one of the problems is the inner fender well doesn't go flush with the bumper. (pictured below) this may cause damage to connections in the future with water/sand/salt getting in and corroding everything.
JDM Inner Fender wells fill the gap perfectly with no issues.
Japanparts.com now supplies the Inner Fender Wells with the Spec. B conversion kit so this shouldnt be an issue anymore. If you dont have them I would highly recommend them.
Part #: 107-024-S
It went fairly quickly, like I said the most time consuming was the fog light brackets.
Like I said in the begining one of the problems is the inner fender well doesnt go flush with the bumper. (pictured below) this may cause damage to connections in the future with water/sand/salt getting in and corroding everything. I will have to make something to put in there eventually.
First off, kudos to you for doing this and posting up an awesome walkthrough.
I was surprised though that I don't find it as nice as CreoSTi's since GRP is way more teh sexay. It could very well just be the low, front-three quarter angle that just never seems to look right on the legacy. Post up some more pics from eye-level please!
It could also be the absence of the oval&wings which I would carry over (or just have gotten the jdm gt grille).
Please don't take my criticism personally... I just obsess about my car day&night and labor over future decisions. Although taste is subjective, there is no denying your execution was flawless!