LegacyGT.com

Let's talk wax...

Just curious what you guys are using for wax on your Legacy. I know its nasty outside for most of us right now, but I'm sure you've got plans for what you will use when the weather is nice.

I'm an S100 kinda guy for waxes. You can get it at Harley Davidson dealerships. I dont' know why they sell it there and nowhere else, but its worth the hunt for it. I used to be a product tester and I have tried a lot of waxes. S100 doesn't attract the dust as badly as others and it also rinses really clean when it rains. I've compared it side by side against waxes like Zymol Vintage ($1500 a jar) and Pinnacle Souveran ($70 a jar) and S100 lasts longer and looks at least as good as the other two on most cars. Zymol doesn't have a $1500 dollar advantage and Souveran doesn't have much of one either.

So what's your regiment? I use a synthetic sealant prior to waxing. Anyone else out there a Zaino fan or Klasse user?

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are using Zymol's cleaner wax? The blue one? You can probably skip that step with the NXT. It has fine abrasives in it that will also help clean and polish the paint. It will also remove any wax that the Zymol puts down.

Have you tried the new NXT paste wax? I hear its pretty good stuff.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Zaino doesn't have a cleaner wax. Its a sealant. Z1 may have some abrasives in it, but its not really a cleaner. www.zainobros.com is where you can get more info. I think you might be thinking of "Zymol" that you see on the shelf. Zaino is mainly sold by distributors and is not available in stores.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Got you all beat.. PS-21 (or PS-120 for you Harley Davidson Bike owners).. this stuff is crazy good. I which over from Meguiar's Gold Class after I saw the difference (after claying and polishing of course, gotta give a fair level of surface for both waxes).

Keefe

Keefe

You mean P21S. S100 is the version at the Harley dealerships.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/Jngrbrdman/P21S.jpg

There is quite a bit of debate about S100 and P21S. They are made by the same company, until recently they both looked identical, they last just as long, the appearance on the car is the same, they have everything in common with each other but the price. P21S is like twice as much as S100. Go figure...

OCDETAILS BLOG

While technically not a wax, I use the Klasse All-In-One and High Gloss Sealant Glaze. I've only had time to do one application of twins, but the car looked great afterwards. Pretty easy application too. I am very satisfied with the results so far and can't wait for the weather to warm up here so I can get back out there. There are only a few things better looking then a freshly polished and waxed black car.

would it make a difference on a silver car? this is my first light metallic car, so i don't know if special wax would do anything. i was planning on using zymol because it's mildly abrasive and smells so darn nice.

should i move to zaino?

Zaino isn't best on light colors. It does its best work on dark metallics. On silver I would probably go the Klasse route and then top it with a nice carnauba. Or you could go with a sealant like Wolfgang or Blackfire that already has the appearance of the carnauba as well as the protection of a synthetic. Carnaubas 'glow' a little more than typical sealants have done in the past. New polymer technology has combined durability with appearance and created something really impressive. I've used Wolfgang on silver before and its pretty nice.

OCDETAILS BLOG

You mean P21S. S100 is the version at the Harley dealerships.

There is quite a bit of debate about S100 and P21S. They are made by the same company, until recently they both looked identical, they last just as long, the appearance on the car is the same, they have everything in common with each other but the price. P21S is like twice as much as S100. Go figure...

Thanks for the correction.

Keefe

Keefe

Its like $15 bucks at any Harley Davidson dealership. I believe you can order it online at www.properautocare.com for like a buck more. Its an excellent paste wax and would look great on black pearl.

OCDETAILS BLOG

I used to use the Gold Class, but it's a pain to take off, especially on a Black car. I switched to the NXT when it first came out, and it awesome. Easy on easy off. I've been wanting to try Zaino, but I haven't gotten around to it. It sounds like a lot of work, but the pics that I've seen of BLACK cars that have done it are rediculous.

Stay away from those blades!!! I bought one and used it ONCE on my 96 Impala...Black of course, and it scratched the hood to $hit. Every time I wash the car, I spray on some of Eagle One's "Wax as U dry" and then dry the car. I've washed the car maybe 10 times already, and the swirls and scratches are barely there. If you just dry it you'll scratch the paint from just using a towel.

I have good luck with my california waterblade. I always keep it in it's package, and try to rinse it off during the wash. the silicone itself shouldn't scratch, its the dirt that gets on the blade that scratches, or a chewed up edge. same with the towel used to dry, as well (the blade wont get into tight spaces...)

So far I have had good luck.

Otherwise I have been using light oxidation removers (usually Maguire's pro system stuff) an then a cleaner and sealant, both liquid glass. Perhaps will look at the wolfgang or blackfire stuff. Need something that will look good on bright colors. Bright red or blue... Sometimes overwax with Maguire's yellow tech wax.

A tool is only as good as the user. The California Water Blade is a safe tool if you are being careful. You can scratch your car with a cotton T-shirt if you are crazy with it. I scratched the crap out of my Mustang with the california car duster by being an idiot. Its all in the way you use it. I've been using one for 7 years and never had a problem.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Zaino isn't best on light colors. It does its best work on dark metallics. On silver I would probably go the Klasse route and then top it with a nice carnauba. Or you could go with a sealant like Wolfgang or Blackfire that already has the appearance of the carnauba as well as the protection of a synthetic. Carnaubas 'glow' a little more than typical sealants have done in the past. New polymer technology has combined durability with appearance and created something really impressive. I've used Wolfgang on silver before and its pretty nice.

Exactly....I have a black GT

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Archived