LegacyGT.com

Completed prototype PVC spacers

phenryiv1

I completed a set of prototype spacers for the front and rear doors. I bought some inexpensive Alpine Type-S coaxials to use as testers, and the spacers worked great.

Front Pics:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k271/phenryiv1/For%20Sale/Spacers004.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k271/phenryiv1/For%20Sale/Spacers005.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k271/phenryiv1/For%20Sale/Spacers006.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k271/phenryiv1/For%20Sale/Spacers007.jpg

Rear (not in car, but it fits...):

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k271/phenryiv1/For%20Sale/Spacers009.jpg

I need to pull the panels apart again and deaden the doors before I consider these to be "final," but they do what they need to do. No interference with the windows, except for where I forgot to secure the wiring at the rear (I need to zip-tie it off). The magnets and baskets on the Alpines cleared the windows.

I will be making more of these, as indicated in the thread here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81161

I still have the tools set up, so I will be doing these ASAP. I have some material left over from the section that I bought to do my spacers. I can do about 4 full F&R sets.

PM me for more info.

• 3 months later...
How do those speakers sound in comparison to the stock ones? Any louder?

Not louder (actually, the same volume level on the HU may be slightly quieter with these versus stock), but they sound a lot clearer off of the HU than do the stockers.

I don't know. I don't have a clue as to the max depth without the spacers. I made these to make up for the flimsy stock spacer (that is angled) that is used to mount the stock speakers. My Alpines are 2.25 and have no problems, but I don't know how deep you can go.

I made spacers to fit my car. I have material left. While I made sets on a bulk basis for B15 Sentras, that is not my goal here. The material that I have left over from making the 4 that I needed for my car is available as an alternative option for people who want weatherproof spacers. I don't have plans to buy more material to mass-produce these. I will sell as many sets as I can make with my leftover material.

I made spacers to fit my car. I have material left. While I made sets on a bulk basis for B15 Sentras, that is not my goal here. The material that I have left over from making the 4 that I needed for my car is available as an alternative option for people who want weatherproof spacers. I don't have plans to buy more material to mass-produce these. I will sell as many sets as I can make with my leftover material.

In that case, I wonder if two glued together will fit... That'll be 1 1/4"

I bought some crappy universal 1" plastic spacers, I hope they work without those tabs... With no power tools to speak of here, I may be in the market to buy a few if not.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Not louder (actually, the same volume level on the HU may be slightly quieter with these versus stock), but they sound a lot clearer off of the HU than do the stockers.

Would this be with the P204-UH (or P204-UN) radio ? (We decided it's

better to refer to HUs by faceplate model-ID than by car year-model, less

chance of confusion).

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Do you still have the spacers? Are you still wanting to part with them?

Responded to your PM. I can make more sets. I sold the set that I had, but can make more.

I have located material that is 3/4" in thickness, and should work perfectly in the doors of the legacy. I will be purchasing the material as soon as I have 2 pre-paid orders. If for some reason there is a problem and I have to cancel, i will issue a full refund.

My intention is to make these based on the standard template that I have used in the past, with a 5" cutout in the center. This is the size to accomodate about 95% of 6.5" speakers on the market. If your needed mounting diameter varies, I MUST know this up front.

Email is my best form of contact:

patrickhenry@gmail.com

I was doing $35 shipped per pair, or $60 shipped for F&R. I sold a few sets cheaper ($25 plus shipping) when I had no intention of doing these any longer, and the material was leftover.

If you want to move forward, email me and/or pay via paypal.

Oh nice, 3/4 now... I installed the 1" pre-fab plastic ones and lined them w dynamat. They work great but the Focals seem to be hitting the back of the door panel with some notes. Let me check and see how much clearance I have behind the magnets and I may grab a pair.

These shoud support at least 2.5" of depth, but probably more. I say 2.5 because I KNOW that will fit. I have not measured to see how much deeper the speaker can be.

My 2.25 fit with .5" spacers.

Thanks. The Focal 3-way (165VR3) 6.5" woofers have a mounting depth of 72 mm, which I believe is about 2.85" so I'll need to verify clearance.

Just let me know. If I have payment for 2 sets (4 spacers), I will go ahead and do them.

If you have fear about the depth, I have used deadner on both sides of the spacers to "cheat" out a little bit. It worked great on my SpecV when I needed about 1/32" to clear the window but was worried about hitting the inner door panel.

Just from looking at the stock bracket/housing, it looks like a 3/4" spacer could be padded out by almost 1/2" of foam and/or mass deadner and not hit the inner panel. That would give close to 3" in depth behind the mounting surface, if not more.

Okay, these are officially a "go."

I got payment to cover the materials, so I will be grabbing the material and starting on them.

Please email, PM, or post here if interested.

Archived